Star Wars

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#301 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,213 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

This episode was good for a standalone one. 

But that's the amazing part of the entire show - every single episode could be a standalone one.  

This show is like a spiritual successor to Firefly and I love every second of it.  

And iDunno about anyone else here, but I am really digging the weekly releases.  It feels so much better that way.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#302 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,313 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:34 AM

Let's just take a step back from the edge, OK? It'd be hypocritical of me to go banning anyone when I'm just as bad as anyone else is (if not worse), but we've gotta work something out. SSLF is a nice place, there are only like 20 people left, and it'd be a shame to lose even more.

This thing where we get angry at the other person over the argument we imagine they're going to make before they even make it is plainly ridiculous, and I know I do it too. There's been a lot of awful, toxic stuff said done in the name of these movies over the last four years, but for the most part it doesn't happen here. We're not a Youtube comments section; even our worst arguments are pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't do any good when I see someone complain about something innocuous and then I reach straight for the top shelf racism and sexism accusations just because I've seen it go that way before; that's just me escalating things when I don't need to, and I'm not going to do it any more.

I don't know, you guys, I'm not a therapist. I've been myself for thirty years and I don't even know what's wrong with me, so you can be damn sure I don't know what's good for anyone else. I'm going to try and be cool, though, and you guys have to try and meet me halfway. I'm probably going to make a post about TFA and TLJ in a week or two when I rewatch them before TROS, and I think we can be cool about it. You guys aren't going to be immediately negative and plothole-y, I'm not going to argue against your points before you've even made them and call you alt-right in the process, and it's going to be fine. I think we could even be cool about The Rise of Skywalker when the time comes, too.

#303 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:45 AM

Okay, I think I made my point. Coming out of the woodworks just to take a crap on things that people like is a dick move. I'll stop now.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#304 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,213 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:03 AM

I've removed Dalton's post due to flaming.

I don't care how angry you guys are about Star Wars, you need to be respectful. Voice your opinions, sure. Don't go telling other members "**** you"

Let's get back to talking about the show.

And I have warned Florent for trolling. -Scorp

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#305 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,964 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:55 PM

So, I never talked about my thoughts on Chapter 4 of The Mandalorian.

Spoiler

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 07 December 2019 - 03:57 PM.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#306 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,213 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:01 PM

Hey, question for the crowd:

Will we see a lightsaber in The Mandalorian this season?

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#307 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 928 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:07 PM

I dont know, bro! Thats a crazy thought... but because of timing I think prolly no? Cuz not very much jedi or lightsabers are left by this time in history? But I failed that class in SW fan school so I could totally be wrong.

#308 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,964 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 03:39 PM

I really don't think we will, but only time will tell.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#309 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,313 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

I just want everyone to notice that I asked for more wrasslin' moves in my Star Wars last week, and then Ming Na did an armbar on the rookie kid this week. If that doesn't prove that Dave Filoni is here on SSLF personally reading everything, then I don't know what does. Get your wishlist in for next week!

I'm going to guess no Force-users, but maybe a lightsabre. I could picture a Bounty Hunter using one, or like a black market dealer selling lightsabres taken off Jedi corpses after Order 66 or something.

#310 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,213 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:18 PM

I'd just love to see the destruction a single force wielder could dish out in the show. After we saw how terrifying an AT ST was, and how Stormtroopers became scare again, seeing someone with a lightsaber would be very very interesting.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#311 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,229 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:27 AM

Personally, I hope we never do. The best aspect of this show is that the main focus is on the Criminal Underworld, not on the main conflict of the series. It makes sense for the Empire to be there, because they are a corrupt government that relies on criminals to do their dirty work, and I'm glad that the only Rebel that has shown up in the series so far is an ex-Rebel.

If they do, I hope that it ties into the story, rather than being a fanservice moment.

Spoiler

However, this series has given me full confidence that they'd be able to handle it well if one ever did show up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Star Wars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users