Photo

What will happen when the local sun of Terra Nova has it's Supernova?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 evilpenguin 98

evilpenguin 98

Bird, Bird, B-Birds the word...

• 175 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:59 PM

Feel free to post, however Random, strange, weird or impossible your idea may be.

"it's cold outside, theres no kind of atmosphere,
all alone, more or less,
let me fly, faraway from here,"

Does anyone remember this?

#2 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:01 AM

It obviously explodes. I believe we have a topic for questions like these. I'd believe that they'd pack up beforehand and find another system to live in, though.
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

#3 evilpenguin 98

evilpenguin 98

• 175 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:45 AM

just for anyone else thinking about posting, what i meant is what would the Humans or Slashrim do? Not what fate has in store for the sun.

all alone, more or less,

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

From what I can gather, there are many other terraformed planets and moons in the galaxy of Nova Refuge. I imagine we would evacuate to them.

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#5 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:55 AM

And considering that they've got data from the sun's unexpected detonation to go on, it's unlikely this would sneak up on them any time before New Sol goes Nova in the next several billion years.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#6 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:43 PM

If the sun did explode, then this is what I think would happen:

The Mahlok would try to harness/harvest the power of the exploding sun and stop it from destroying their empire. Then may then use that harnessed energy to beat down the other factions. That might make an interesting story actually...

Anyway, or they could use it to destroy the Skrakki things once and for all. The human factions or Harmony might try to do the same. It could lead to a war of harvest the suns energy and using it as weapons in order to capture more energy.#

But, as other people have said, there is always more terraformed planets to travel to.

EDIT: This idea Posted ImageGolden-Star B)

Edited by Golden-Star, 14 April 2011 - 01:45 PM.

~ Golden-Star

#7 evilpenguin 98

evilpenguin 98

• 175 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

If the sun did explode, then this is what I think would happen:

The Mahlok would try to harness/harvest the power of the exploding sun and stop it from destroying their empire. Then may then use that harnessed energy to beat down the other factions. That might make an interesting story actually...

Anyway, or they could use it to destroy the Skrakki things once and for all. The human factions or Harmony might try to do the same. It could lead to a war of harvest the suns energy and using it as weapons in order to capture more energy.#

But, as other people have said, there is always more terraformed planets to travel to.

EDIT: This idea Posted ImageGolden-Star B)

That sounds like quite a good story or comic.

Nice ideas everyone!

all alone, more or less,

#8 bpw2002

bpw2002

Marksman Of The Jagged Edge.

• 34 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

Kind of obvious. We evacuate. :lego_bluh:

You have just been... Intellectually Enlightened.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users