69 replies to this topic

#41 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:23 AM

"Just because there's not a war doesn't mean there's peace"

Peace can be defined as a cessation from war or violence so yes that's actually exactly what it means you pretentious screenwriting hack

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#42 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,273 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

If there's even a 1% chance of war we have to take it as an absolute certainty, though.

#43 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:08 AM

The Wolverine is dead. Bury him.

v0tzQP.gif

#44 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:14 PM

Sounds like Sex Panther to me. Anyone else?

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#45 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

51% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I mean, it's still better than BvS, so it's got that going for it, which is nice.

v0tzQP.gif

#46 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:20 PM

Holy crap, that movie was horrible. You guys thought Batman v Superman was bad? I was debating which was worse: Fant4stic or this (I had time to ponder during it's incredibly boring and drawn out final battle).

Fant4stic still beat this one out in terms of horribleness, but it wasn't exacly a clear-cut victory.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#47 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:25 PM

This hurts a little. I really thought the X-men movies were back on track after DOFP. Guess not.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to Steam

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#48 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:40 PM

Well even though it wasn't a good movie, it had a few good parts. I kinda liked Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Nightcrawler. Quicksilver had a really great scene in this one, too.

But that doesn't make up for the numerous things this movie did poorly.

gTAoKX.gif

#49 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Weirdly, X-Men Apocalypse was directed by the same guy who did X-Men 1, 2, and DOFP. Wonder how he managed to botch it.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#50 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

Weirdly, X-Men Apocalypse was directed by the same guy who did X-Men 1, 2, and DOFP. Wonder how he managed to botch it.

Producers probably. After the failure of F4 and the competition from CIvil War and BvS, they probably pushed the movie into another direction.

But I didn't see it yet, so I'll judge later by myself.

#51 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

I know one of Singer's nephews. If he's to be believed then the director wasn't around on set half the time.

He's still dealing with the PR nightmare from that sexual assault accusation from last year, so I suppose it makes sense.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#52 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,273 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:22 AM

I didn't think it was so bad. I mean, way too long, overstuffed, very dumb, but far from the worst superhero movie I've seen. Not even the worst X-Men movie. It's like a solid meh, y'know? It's a bit boring, but there's some good stuff. I feel like it's a step above your Fantfourstics and your Batman v Supermans, because it's still a competently made production. Characters have motivations, events follow eachother in a logical fashion, things set up early in the movie come in to play later on. Well, at least most of the time they do. Sometimes the movie just kind of goes "COMIC BOOKS!", but we'll get to that.

Spoiler

EDIT - Maybe I'll spoilerise everything just in case. It doesn't seem like anyone's really all that interested in the movie here, but I don't want to ruin anyone's surprises.

#53 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

I didn't think it was so bad. I mean, way too long, overstuffed, very dumb, but far from the worst superhero movie I've seen. Not even the worst X-Men movie.

It wasn't the worst superhero movie I've ever seen for sure, but as far as the worst X-Men movie... well, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was worse, but I don't even think of that as an X-Men movie.

gTAoKX.gif

#54 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,958 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

I finally watched this.

And I liked it! Enjoyed it quite a bit actually. It was certainly a damn sight better than Batman v Superman, and way better than the trailers made it out to be. If you enjoy comic book movies at all, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this one. It felt very X-Men and true to the look/feel/spirit of the comics. As far as X-Movies go, this at least falls into the better half of them.

I had a few complaints, but honestly, the thing that bothered me the most was

Spoiler

So yeah, once again I might be the only one around here, but I liked it. I also just really like the X-Men though, so YMMV.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#55 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

Ya'll can keep your trashy movies. I'll always have my obscenely loud electric guitars.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#56 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

If you enjoy comic book movies at all, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this one.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christia

So it was just me then? Huh.

gTAoKX.gif

#57 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,958 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

Most SSLFers have such a low opinion of the X-Movies that I don't know why I ever started this topic, so I don't think it's just you. But the audience when I watched it really enjoyed it so I felt at least slightly validated.

Oh, and regarding the 'just because there isn't a war doesn't mean there's peace' line discussed earlier, that's a pretty clear reference to the Cold War which is when the movie takes place.

Oh and I forgot to mention it also kinda sucked what they did with Angel but oh well. Still enjoyed it.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#58 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

*Raises hand*

I quite liked the original, X2, First Class, and DOFP.

I did NOT like 3 or Origins. So when people started comparing Apocalypse to those, all plans of me seeing it went out the window. But now I'm seeing talk in favor of it enough to make it seem mixed instead of overtly negative.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to Steam

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#59 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,273 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:08 PM

This movie's miles better than X-Men 3 and Wolverine Origins. I mean, X-Men 3 was like someone filled one of those film canisters with actual garbage and projectionists somehow just didn't notice, and Wolverine was a movie where they didn't even bother to finish the special effects before they shipped it off to theatres:

xorigins-newclaws.gif

I would say Apocalypse is more in line with First Class, which is to say I didn't like it that much but it was still totally fine. 

#60 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:48 AM

Most SSLFers have such a low opinion of the X-Movies that I don't know why I ever started this topic, so I don't think it's just you.

I like all the original three X-Men movies. Also, I still have yet to hear a valid reason why people don't like X-Men 3.

So sometimes I have atypical opinions, maybe people who have mainstream opinions shouldn't listen to me. :P

gTAoKX.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users