• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

As much as I loved Halle Berry as Storm, I agree that it will be cool to see her as an actual X-Man. Also Wolverine better show up. He's Adamantium-less and has boring bone claws now, but he's still the coolest X-Man and the only one they don't have to re-cast.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#22 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

I will never forgive Origins: Wolverine for making bone claws canon. Seriously, in X2 Stryker said he gave Logan claws!

Ugh, I hate bone claws.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#23 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

Eh, I'm fine with them. My only problem is that they're so obviously differently shaped when they're metal/bone. Bone claws are round and bulbous, only sharp at the and, and the metal claws are like razor sharp knives that stick out a foot from his knuckles. I don't know how they managed to put the adamantium in Logan (grafted the metal, poured it into him, whatever) but clearly they had to remove his original bone claws and put in the sharp ones. Them managing to cut off Wolverine's bones and replace them with knives never really sat right with me.

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#24 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

Well the bone claws are comic canon anyway, no matter how much they may have botched the movie version. Wolverine always had claws, they just got coated with Adamantium like the rest of his skeleton did. 

#25 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:25 AM

I don't know how they managed to put the adamantium in Logan (grafted the metal, poured it into him, whatever)

Didn't you see his Origins movie? They just strapped him to a table, stuck a bunch of needles in him and just pumped liquid Adamantium in. Because, you know, coating somebody's entire skeleton with a substance is just that easy. I mean, we all know that when you go and get vaccinated, the vaccine coats your bones, right?

#26 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:20 AM

Well the bone claws are comic canon anyway, no matter how much they may have botched the movie version. Wolverine always had claws, they just got coated with Adamantium like the rest of his skeleton did.

They didn't used to be comic canon. That came later. So they screwed it up in the comics too.

EDIT: If you were to read the Official Handbook to the Marvel Universe #15 from 1984 (which was stolen from me, but I know the page is in there), you would come upon a diagram for the claw retracting/extending mechanism that they inserted into his forearms.

gTAoKX.gif

#27 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

Yeah, Spidey is a pretty key piece to the Civil War storyline, at least comic-wise, so when they said he'd be in Cap 3 I highly doubted it would just be a cameo.

Regardless, it is good to see that a fan favourite is back with the company he deserves. Everyone loves Spider Man, and he'll look even better standing next to Cap and Iron Man and friends.

#28 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:27 PM

Yeah, Spidey is a pretty key piece to the Civil War storyline, at least comic-wise, so when they said he'd be in Cap 3 I highly doubted it would just be a cameo.

Regardless, it is good to see that a fan favourite is back with the company he deserves. Everyone loves Spider Man, and he'll look even better standing next to Cap and Iron Man and friends.

55707075.jpg

gTAoKX.gif

#29 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

55707075.jpg

Well.... This is awkward.

#30 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:12 PM

Remember what an amazing movie Wolverine Origins was, you guys?

Wolverine2.gif

#31 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

Wolverine2.gif

Wolverine claws: now with fire starting capabilities!

gTAoKX.gif

#32 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:24 AM

REVIIIIIIVE

Well, there it is.

#33 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:35 AM

lol, there goes the hair, Chuck.

Looks OK I guess. I miss the old actors already though.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#34 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:38 AM

PnbKF6T.gif

Spent the last five minutes or so trying to come up with something to say and it's not happening. That was almost entirely unremarkable in every way. Not Fantfourstic bad, not Batman vs. Superman weird, not Civil War hype, just... I don't know, a movie.

Sansa just looks like Sansa in an X-Men suit; that's the best I've got :P

#35 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

I also thought it looked pretty meh.

gTAoKX.gif

#36 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 10:03 PM

Welp.

Never seen an X-Men film. If I ever get around to it I doubt I'm starting with this one.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#37 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

dat Psylocke... :o

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#38 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

On the one hand, I love Psylocke. On the other hand, I hate Olivia Munn.

So torn.

(Shout-out to Apocalypse for living the dream of getting to choke the crap out of J-Law)

#39 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:23 PM

This movie is just doing nothing for me. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I honestly can't work up the tiniest bit of excitement for it. 

It certainly doesn't help that the big CGI action finale thing seems to be that same telekinetic disintegration stuff from X-Men 3, with a screen full of meaningless CGI rubbish sloughing away into a big cloud of multicoloured visual nonsense. Like, we get it, movie industry: you can now do anything with CGI. All movies now end with a CGI city being exploded or demolished or disintegrated. That new Independence Day trailer has one city being dropped on another city. I've seen enough cities being destroyed.

Also, yeah, I know she's popular and Oscar-winning and all, but Jennifer Lawrence has never been any good as Mystique and it's a shame they keep getting her back. And now they've got her delivering those old standby generic action movie lines like "WE MUST STAND AND FIGHT!" and "LET'S GO TO WAR!"

#40 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,061 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

CDEHGsqUUAAYhtB.jpg

I can't do it, you guys. I can't watch Oscar Isaac slumming it in a plastic Power Ranger suit. He's too good for this. Cyclops and Storm had a Beam-o-War right in the trailer. JLaw seems to be the main character of the whole movie. Sansa Stark's American accent must be so bad they aren't even letting her talk in the trailer.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users