#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,935 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:36 PM

POPULAR

xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_01.jpg
Marvel's Avengers have been getting all the love lately, but I'm a 90's kid. The Marvel heroes I grew up with? The Uncanny X-MEN.
xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_04.jpg
The Blackbird (X-Jet) is mostly inspired by the movie version. I was going to make it smaller, but again, I got carried away. It's hard to get those smooth angles right on a small scale, you know what I mean?
xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_05.jpg
Yeah, I think the LEGO company knows what I mean. (comparison with an official LEGO set)
xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_03.jpg
Back of the jet. I just wasn't creative enough to come up with a really cool engine design. Oh well.
xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_interior.jpg
When the project just kept getting bigger, I was determined to make a good interior!
xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_crew.jpg
Interior, populated. Some of these guys can't actually sit inside with the roof on, because their hats are too pointy (I'm looking at you, Wolvie).
xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_cockpit.jpg
The cockpit, however, can be closed with a pilot & copilot inside.
xmen_lego_minifigs.jpg
Closer look at the minifigs: Rogue, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Professor X, Beast, Storm, Gambit, Emma Frost, Psylocke, Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde), Colossus, Iceman, Nightcrawler, and Angel. I wasn't planning to make so many, but I got carried away.
All costumes are mostly inspired by the ones in the 90's animated series and around that era.
Comparisons to official minifigs: Cyclops & Storm Wolverine
xmen_lego_xjet_blackbird_00.jpg
Final shot with all minifigs including Phoenix. Hope you enjoyed!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#2 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

Models like this and big casts of minifigs are something I missed from you, Scorp. Great stuff! The 'Bird is about as slick as I reckon you could make it, and the minifigs are stellar! Pretty sure I also share your love of LOTS of control panels.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#3 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:15 PM

Scorp, your blackbird is radical! Loving the sexy angles and the X-Men decals are just top notch!

Also, your Wolverine aces the LEGO® version.

emily-blunt.gif

#4 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

http://www.reddit.co...ustin_stebbins/

Great work as always Scorp! That ship is awesome. It's always nice to see you building again. :)

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#5 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:24 AM

It looks fantastic, Scorp! Really, man, that Blackbird is a thing of beauty. All the angles and curves, all the slopes and flat planes... They all come together to form an incredibly recognizable vehicle.

Your build techniques are phenomenal. As are every single one of those minifigs.

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users