• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#121 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

It's already been confirmed that they're keeping in the ridiculous genetic memories framing device that serves zero narrative purpose. Probably because Ubisoft is inexplicably in love with it's own weird and dumb lore.

I just want to go on record and say that the best two AssCreed games I've played were Rogue, which tried to ignore the present day nonsense as much as possible, and China, which doesn't even acknowledge the genetic memory crap. :P

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#122 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

I'd absolutely watch a movie of just Ezio's storyline, personally. Especially Brotherhood. I seriously enjoyed Brotherhood too much.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#123 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,359 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:53 PM

Brotherhood was pretty much the best Assassin's Creed game, IMO. A movie about Ezio would easily be the coolest thing (in fact, there's a short animated film about Ezio [post-Revelations] helping out the Chinese Assassin from her game. Found it on Youtube, but it might've been taken down by this point).

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#124 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

Out of all the AC games I've played (I stopped after 3. Still haven't gone back. No regrets.), Brotherhood was by far my favorite.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to Steam

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#125 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

I just want to go on record and say that the best two AssCreed games I've played were Rogue, which tried to ignore the present day nonsense as much as possible, and China, which doesn't even acknowledge the genetic memory crap. :P

I was seriously taken by surprise with Rogue. Shay's story was short, but amazing. And it didn't bring much, it totally expanded, and that's great.

#126 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,229 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:24 PM

I'd absolutely watch a movie of just Ezio's storyline, personally. Especially Brotherhood. I seriously enjoyed Brotherhood too much.

Brotherhood was pretty much the best Assassin's Creed game, IMO. A movie about Ezio would easily be the coolest thing (in fact, there's a short animated film about Ezio [post-Revelations] helping out the Chinese Assassin from her game. Found it on Youtube, but it might've been taken down by this point).

Out of all the AC games I've played (I stopped after 3. Still haven't gone back. No regrets.), Brotherhood was by far my favorite.

I see the Brotherhood Fan Club Meeting has already started. Factual best Assassin's Creed game, accept no substitutes. For me, the only problem is that its insane ending is mostly just swept under the rug by the following games, but that's more a case of Revelations and onwards being rubbish than a problem with Brotherhood itself.

No idea what to make of this movie, though, which I hereby submit that we should call Fassassin's Creed in honour of its star. Video game movies are always terrible, but this one actually has talented people behind it. The first five names on the IMDb page are Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Brendan Gleeson, Jeremy Irons and Michael K Williams! Surely you can throw enough names at even the worst video game movie script and end up with something watchable.

#127 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:51 PM

Surely you can throw enough names at even the worst video game movie script and end up with something watchable.

elFZkFx.jpg

No.

#128 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:53 PM

No.

This is a good time to mention that Jeremy Irons was in a DnD movie.

It didn't go well.

v0tzQP.gif

#129 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:03 PM

POPULAR

This is a good time to mention that Jeremy Irons was in a DnD movie.

It didn't go well.

You're right, it didn't.

It went AMAZING.

#130 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

I suppose the best approach to badly-written dialogue is to ham it up so much that nobody can even understand what the hell you're saying.

v0tzQP.gif

#131 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

No.

Maybe, but a movie automatically starts in a deep negative when Uwe Boll is included.

#132 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

CXawkKBWsAE08Gc.jpg

Oh, hey there Punisher.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#133 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:02 PM

Well, this is out of the blue.

FOX has nabbed Alex Hirsch (and probably a good bunch of the Gravity Falls team if he has anything to say about it) to create a new animated series for them.

I hope Fox allows Hirsch the same leniency Disney did (if not more). Gravity Falls is the best original animated series of the last 5 years, if not more.

(Also friendly out-of-topic reminder that Gravity Falls is running a marathon on Disney all throughout this month and the next, culminating in the big (45+ min) series finale on February 15th.)

OH, btw...

There's a neat little show that's premiering it's 6th season on Jan. 31st on [as]. It's a pretty obscure thing, you probably never heard of it.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#134 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• Nova Member
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

Adventure Time and Rick and Morty are both better, 1v1 me

#135 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

Adventure Time and Rick and Morty are both better, 1v1 me

Stakes was great, but AT lost it's way in the back half of Season 6. How S5 ended and how 6 started, I thought we were in for something special. We did get that...in sporadic bits. They channeled that disappointment theme with Finn's deadbeat dad a little too good.

Let's put it this way, I actually thought going into Season 6 that we were getting the next-to-last season. I wanted Ice King and Betty plotline progression. Maybe that's my fault for expecting that AT was winding down given how heavy and how final some of these plotlines were starting to seem. If you asked me a year ago if AT was ending with Season 6, I probably would've said 'it's possible, but if it doesn't, it'll definitely end in 7'.

Spoiler

If it wraps up in Season 7, I fully take back everything I say about this. But at the moment, it just seems like AT is spinning its wheels playing on goodwill to live far longer than it should. CN seems determined to have AT on the air as sure as the sun rises and sets each day.

Also Stan is the best, fite me irl. Rick and Morty and GF are twin series separated at birth.

a6d08f1971215d9c0afa8ae0655439e8.gif

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#136 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

Just when Matt thinks he is bringing order back to the city, new forces are rising in Hell’s Kitchen. Now the Man Without Fear must take on a new adversary in Frank Castle and face an old flame – Elektra Natchios.

Bigger problems emerge when Frank Castle, a man looking for vengeance, is reborn as The Punisher, a man who takes justice into his own hands in Matt’s neighborhood. Meanwhile, Matt must balance his duty to his community as a lawyer and his dangerous life as the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen, facing a life-altering choice that forces him to truly understand what it means to be a hero.

I AM EXCITE.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#137 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

Speaking of things coming soon...

(Language in both)

Better Call Saul S2 (Feb 15th)

Spoiler

Venture Bros S6 (Jan 31st)

Spoiler

YAAAAS. ALL OF MY YES.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#138 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:41 PM

*punisher in daredevil*

Wait, these Netflix Marvel things are tied to the MCU, right? So uh, does this mean that, instead of getting his own show or movie, the Punisher is getting introduced to the MCU as just some secondary character in Daredevil?

Ugh, that sucks. I tried watching Daredevil and couldn't get interested, just like with Agents of SHIELD. I wanted a real MCU Punisher movie dammit!  :angryfist:   especially if they brought back Tom Jane; hey I can dream

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#139 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,191 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:43 PM

Punisher is getting a series, I thought? He's just getting introduced via Daredevil.

lWZ8e6F.png

#140 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

Pretty much all of the side-heroes (Luke Cage, Punisher, etc) that crop up in Jessica Jones and Daredevil are intended to have a spin-off series of their own at some stage, with Defenders being the end-game. They mentioned the possibility of more of an overlap with Agents of SHIELD and the wider MCU later on down the line as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users