16 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:32 PM

POPULAR

Well, the results are in for the Elemental Contest #2: FIRE! A big thanks to everyone who entered, and to our volunteer judges: Vorgain, Thrawnie, and Nightstalker (who gave comments as well as ratings!). Maverick-Werewolf and myself were also on the judging panel.
Our winners can claim their prize at any time by shooting me a PM or an email and requesting their prize code. If you don't want your prize, you can choose to send it to someone else instead, such as the next runner up.
Without further ado, the results!:

WINNERS (TIED):
FGcJS1M.pngKPNJP7m.jpg
Style: "Helexith Wrath Archer" and Dalton Westmoore: "Wulfgard: Wrath and Fire"
SCORE: 8/10
Comments for Style's Entry:
Scorp: A very early stand-out entry with awesome art and awesome Nova Refuge lore to boot. Original, interesting, and very cool - I love the design, and the idea of Mahlok archer assassins. The scene itself is well done too, with the flames under the feet and the broken moon in the background. Plenty of fire! One of my favorite entries. Excellent job!
Nightstalker: Kicking it off with some excellent style (that's my one that I get, if you see anymore bad puns you can boo me)! I really love the fire effects on the helmet and boots. Adding in the river of lava, which really looks like it is in motion, and the exploding volcano add more to the epic firey action! I also really like the attention to detail with the fire reflection in the boots. My only real criticism is that the armor on the shoulders and helmet kind of blend in with the background, and do not seem to pop as well as the sections that have fire. Overall, great entry though!
Comments for Dalton's Entry: 
Scorp: Dang, I hope I don't seem biased toward the Wulfgard and Nova Refuge entries when I say this one is another of my favorites. Fortunately the other judges rated them the highest too! :P This is an awesome depiction of the opening scene of Knightfall, and so accurate. I like the fact that the flames are not only in the background, but also separating Corben and Victor from Drake. It adds depth compared to your Water contest entry. Nice!
Nightstalker: I feel like someone went ham with fire. This is filled with all sorts of fire that is doing something. More importantly, you even took the time to have it reflect off of the characters. The demon looks pretty darn fierce as well! I especially like that the demon's mouth appears to be getting ready to spit hot fire (insert Dylan reference here). Anyways, this is just filled with action and really captures your inner pyromaniac! Nice Work!

RUNNER UP:
cCmdJ2h.png
Herbert
SCORE: 7/10
Scorp: Nice work here! Very creepy. The art style reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it. But I like it! Well done.
Nightstalker: This is pretty neat. I know you ripped on your myth making, but I feel like it is the start of something. This guy is engulfed in fire and has a nice spooky look to him. The fire in the skull effect is a nice touch.

OTHER SCORES & COMMENTS:
Mr. Skeli'n: "Finding Porrair's Crown" - 6.9

Spoiler

Neyo Wargear: "Metal and Flame" - 6.5
Spoiler

Ter Loki: "Kindling Friendship" - 6
Spoiler

Burger Warrior: "Warframe: Wild Ember" - 6
Spoiler

DragonJedi: Entry #2 - 5.8
Spoiler

Lord Capulet: "Wulfgard: One Final Hurdle" - 5.7
Spoiler

Fireraven: "Hargrove's Eleven's Last Outing" - 5
Spoiler

DragonJedi: Entry #1 - 4
Spoiler

EDIT:

It seems I overlooked one of the entries, so deepest apologies to V.Metalic for leaving out his Chronicle of Fiery Shield and Fist!

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:46 PM

MFW I saw this:

giphy.gif

I mean, I knew for sure that Style would get first place, but never in my wildest dreams did I expect to tie with him! 

I also appreciate the feedback: it's nice to get some comments on my art once in a while, especially positive ones. :D

#3 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

I have been called, I must answer.

• 1,354 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:12 AM

Many thanks for the feedback, and congratulations to the winners!  It's been a while since I created something like this, and I hope to have something more competitive (and less rushed) for the next contest.  

gallery_15330_272_177677.gif

"Live with honor, die with glory."

#4 Risk

Risk

• Nova Patron
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

Sure was a fun contest, I loved everyone's submissions and their interpretations of fire.

xgd0s9.jpg

#5 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Patron
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

Congrats to all the entrants, and the winners especially, also I have it on good authority that the runner-up is incredibly handsome. 'Twas a fun contest, and I enjoyed cooking something up for it, even if it was a bit rushed.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#6 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

Gratz to the winners! Probably should have saved mine for an NR contest, but I just had to get it out there and posted somewhere, and a contest about fire seemed as good a reason as any. Enjoy your prizes and shiny medals!

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#7 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,106 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

Not even among the works... okay.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#8 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 02:19 PM

Not even among the works... okay.

Oh crap, did I leave someone out? This is why I always say to check the list and make sure you're there... But it's really my fault for not double checking the whole topic, I suppose. Sorry! If you like, I will send you a consolation prize. Just shoot me a PM, and I will create a prize code for you to use in my shop. Apologies again - I had a lot on my mind at the time and tried to wrap things up too fast, I guess.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#9 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,106 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

Oh crap, did I leave someone out? This is why I always say to check the list and make sure you're there... But it's really my fault for not double checking the whole topic, I suppose. Sorry! If you like, I will send you a consolation prize. Just shoot me a PM, and I will create a prize code for you to use in my shop. Apologies again - I had a lot on my mind at the time and tried to wrap things up too fast, I guess.

No, its fine really :D I dont even use the shop at all, dont have the means to use it. (Well, maybe just to buy the NR books, hmm), and drawing an image for me is not something I would see fair compared to others who surely made a better entry than me :D

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#10 Risk

Risk

• Nova Patron
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:28 AM

When does the medal icon show up? Unless it has and I don't know how to activate it.

xgd0s9.jpg

#11 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:04 PM

When does the medal icon show up? Unless it has and I don't know how to activate it.

I haven't added it yet... I'll try to do that soon.

-Scorp

#12 Risk

Risk

• Nova Patron
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

No big deal, I didn't know if it was something like the faction names that you have to set in the settings.

xgd0s9.jpg

#13 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 10:41 AM

Done!

I just finished adding medal icons for the winners of this contest and the water contest! They have also been posted in the hall of fame thread: http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=7277

Sorry it took so long, lolz. It's a way bigger pain in the butt for me to add those icons than it should be. I really need to set up a better system...

-Scorp

#14 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the medal!

By the way, when will the polls for the next contest be up? They were up rather early for the water contest...

#15 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:56 AM

To be quite honest, I don't know that I will continue the Elemental series at this time. I will probably try something different next.

-Scorp

#16 Mr. Skeli'n

Mr. Skeli'n

kick me

• Self-Ejected
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

To be quite honest, I don't know that I will continue the Elemental series at this time. I will probably try something different next.

:(  Interested to see what comes next, though.

#17 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

Meaning it likely won't even make a comeback? Or just have a break? I'd love to see some stuff on NR again, It's been ages. Maybe a contest on writing a national anthem for one of the nations. or establishing a small set of laws for a specific area in the nation or something? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users