Photo

The Pokemon Thread

Nintendo

• Please log in to reply
696 replies to this topic

Poll: Pokemon Sun & Moon

Who's your starter?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

So, who else is ready for the next generation of Pokemon?

pokemon_x_y_gameplay.jpg?w=700

Pokemon is that series that, no matter how little it changes, I know that I will always be coaxed into buying the new one. Its got fun creatures, an exciting metagame, and something for everyone. But seriously, who needs an introduction to pokemon? I've already got Y on preorder, and I'm sure many of you guys have similar plans. 

As for the new pokemon, there is no one I am positive I'm going to raise...except for this guy. 

inkay.png

Squillium will destroy you all. 

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#2 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

As for the new pokemon, there is no one I am positive I'm going to raise...except for this guy. 

inkay.png

Squillium will destroy you all. 

After the many horror stories I've heard about your Cubone/Marowak, I am honestly terrified.

#3 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

I may get a copy of the game(still not sure which version). I haven't played Pokémon since Heart Gold due to life and computer gaming, but my 3DS is crying for games which I should honestly play more.

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#4 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,935 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

I'm getting really excited about X and Y. I always love diving into a new Pokemon game and doing my best to avoid looking all the new duders up online and spoiling everything for myself. So far I'm really liking these new guys, much more than the last two generations of Pokemon. DPP and Black/White never really did it for me, but so far X and Y are looking great. And I've managed to say 3DS-less all this time, so I'm looking forward to joining the club with my sweet red Pokemon XY limited edition XL :P

frogadier.png

#Team Froakie, #Pokemon X over here.

#5 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

I gotta say, of the new starters I really started out liking Fennekin the most, but Frogadier really won me over when the second stages were revealed. Don't even get me started on Chespin... .

One thing's for sure though, if I get this game I MUST have Tyrunt and Pyroar.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#6 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yeah, I'm super excited for X and Y. Been playing Pokémon since I don't know when. Going for Pokémon Y, I mean c'mon look at Yveltal! Look at it! It looks like a total BA, but I wouldn't mind getting X either. I usually try and get all the games of the Generations. The only Gen. I haven't played is Black and White 2, it's basically Gen 5.5....I can't wait for Gen 6, all the Pokémon are looking great but, I'm so lala with Mega Evolutions. All in all, it looks amazing and revolutionary.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#7 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

Oh boy, where do I begin?

I. Am. So. Excited.

I mean, come on! What isn't there to love? 3D worlds, awesome new Pokemon, a new type, Mega Evolutions, the list goes on. I am buying a 3DS specifically so I can play this God of a game. 

Also, you get two starters. Two. Starters. One of the new ones, and then later on, you get to pick from the Kanto starters (for any of you shameful enough who don't know who they are, that's Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle). So, I have determined three Pokemon I must have.

Frogadier

Tyrantrum

Charizard

I get to break out the Charizard again. Haven't trained one of those since FireRed. I am so excited. 

Also, assuming they fix the online in this game, I propose we start a League O' Pokemon. And you know, battle and trade and stuff.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#8 Hawk

Hawk

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Also, assuming they fix the online in this game, I propose we start a League O' Pokemon. And you know, battle and trade and stuff.

Gary_Oak.png

"Smell ya' later Freddy."

In all seriousness though, it was really insulting that the last few games didn't allow for six-on-six online battles. I know that in Japan most people will battle with three, but when I play, each of my six members plays an important role. It ruined the online experience for me.

Edited by Hawk, 26 September 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#9 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yup. It's official. I'm getting Charizard.

charizardx.png

Say hello to Mega Charizard X. Now, why is Mega Charizard X different from Mega Charizard Y? Well, let's see...

charizard.png

Mega Charizard X has a type change to Fire/Dragon, while Mega Charizard Y retains the Fire/Flying typing. Mega Charizard X has boosted Attack while Mega Charizard Y has boosted Special Attack, and Mega Charziard X has the ability Tough Claws, which ups the damage of moves that make physical contact with the opponent, and Mega Charizard Y has Drought as its ability.

So yeah, come at me, bros. Imma have a bad ass Fire/Dragon on my side.

#10 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

So, what do you guys think Mega Vensaur and Mega Blastoise will look like if they have separate Mega Evolutions? Plus, do you believe all starters will get Mega Evolutions?

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

#11 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

So, what do you guys think Mega Vensaur and Mega Blastoise will look like if they have separate Mega Evolutions? Plus, do you believe all starters will get Mega Evolutions?

I'd be very surprised if Venusaur and Blastoise didn't get alternate Mega Evolutions, and yes, I think all the starters will get one, and have ever since they first revealed Mega Blaziken.

#12 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Haven't quite been excited like this for a Pokemon game since Gen 3. Now if only I had a 3DS...

At the same time, I can't help but feel it just won't be the same anymore. The last game I had was Platinum, and it was lost thanks to the sticky fingers of a younger person.

I won't have my team anymore. My Latios, Arcanine, Rhypherior, Leafeon, Electivire, and Gengar. A lot of whom had been with me since Gen 3. Picking up each and everyone as I went along, through Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed, Diamond, and finally Platinum. I had Rypherior when he was still a Ryhorn, same with Electivire and Gengar, finding them at their base forms, evolving them with how I could. Finding people willing to trade with me so I could get them fully evolved was a bit difficult, but ultimately came through. Had Latios ever since I found him in the wild on Ruby.

Now I know there's gonna be a LOT of new ones to choose from. I never played Gen 5. But when you've had a team that long...

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#13 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,935 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

I just got my limited-edish red 3DS XL with Pokermen emblazoned all over it, and I think it's awesome. I skipped the DSi, DSi XL and regular 3DS, so this thing is such a huge leap for me after having my DS Lite for so long. THE SCREENS ARE SO BIG! I remember scoffing when I heard about the DSi XL for the first time, wondering what kind of moron would ever want a handheld console with great big honking screens, but I was so wrong. I don't really think much of the 3D so far (it just looks the same as 3D movies do: cardboard-cutouts-at-different-distances), but then I haven't played any 3DS games on it yet so what do I know?

As for Pokemon X and Y, a couple of stores in Canada apparently started selling copies yesterday, and the whole internet has been frothing at the mouth. I've got pictures of the final stages of all three starters right here, spoil yourself at your own peril:

Spoiler

Hashtag. Team. Froakie.

#14 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hashtag. Team. Froakie.

I'll be in that boat with you. But the minute I get the Gen 1 choice, it's over. It's time for my Charizard of olde to rise from the dead.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#15 assassinfred

assassinfred

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Water/Dark? All about it. So, it looks like three of us at least are going Greninja and Charizard.

Except I am definitely getting Tyrantrum.

#16 Hawk

Hawk

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Mega Charizard X has a type change to Fire/Dragon, while Mega Charizard Y retains the Fire/Flying typing. Mega Charizard X has boosted Attack while Mega Charizard Y has boosted Special Attack, and Mega Charziard X has the ability Tough Claws, which ups the damage of moves that make physical contact with the opponent, and Mega Charizard Y has Drought as its ability.

So yeah, come at me, bros. Imma have a bad ass Fire/Dragon on my side.

Honestly, I just like the way Charizard X looks a lot more than the Y version. A bit of a letdown, but I'll see if there are any other cool deviations to get excited for before I switch sides. That being said, Charizard Y seems to be the more viable member competitively, especially with how dominant weather is in the current metagame. 

#17 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yep, gotta agree with Hawk, as badass as a Fire/Dragon Charizard is drought is one tough ability to beat. Weather teams and effects are always useful, and sunny teams always seemed one of the more useful of those because because they really don't have any negative effects save for the drop in water's power, all while pumping up fire and grass types.  Plus mega Charizard Y just looks cooler to me. X looks is neat, but just looks like they're trying too hard with that black and blue color scheme.

Yep, I'm definitely on team Froakie now. I'll admit that Chespin's final for isn't terrible looking and I do like the grass/fighting combo, but Froakie & company have the cool factor going all the way down the line (paratrooper ninja frogs!) and water/dark is cool as well.  As for Fennekin... I like the fire/psychic combo, but the design direction they took is just "bleh" to me, like they're trying to mix Gardevoir and Blaziken in all the wrong ways. I would've much preferred a fire/ground desert fox or even just a final design that was more fox-like and less... That. 

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

#18 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Anyone want to trade me a Charizard Mega X stone when it comes out? I'm getting Y but X has all the good Mega evolutions.

#19 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

The designs of the Kalos starters are odd. I don't very much like them, Chesnaught is a bit dramatic....Delphox is too plain for me, and Greninja, oh Greninja why is your tongue acting as a scarf? They're ok but, I'm way more excited for the Kanto starter, going to have to go with Charizard for Y. This may change once I see the other Megas for Blastoise and Venusaur. 

KY0FhTX.jpg

#20 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

It feels like sacrilege, like I'm betraying my oldest and dearest friend, but were I to get a 3DS and either X or Y Venusaur would currently be at the bottom of the list for the Kanto starters for me.  I mean I love my big badass plantbro, and that new ability for his mega form is gonna make him ungodly tanky, but mega Blastoise just looks so damn cool, and mega Charizard Y has drought, DROUGHT!  They'd better have some pretty damn big guns in store if Venusaur and Blastoise each have another mega form that wants to top that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users