• Please log in to reply
7697 replies to this topic

#7681 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Monitor's Bounty - Update goes live this Thursday, December 8th.

-CUSTOM GAMES BROWSER. No this doesn't mean crossplay...yet. But now PC and X1 both have a browser to just find custom games in progress.

-New Armors (plus a multitude of Reach's armors coming in the near future)

-Observer Mode/'Team' for matches, with stats for all players in an easy to use UI.

-2 new Forge canvases (More Forge stuff being talked about tomorrow.)

-PRO PIPE. That is all. Also Sentinel Beam.

-Anti-Air Wraith and Wasp Variants

-Lots more tomorrow, apparently.

monitorsbounty_infographic-ba193589b2ee4

custombrowserselection-62d22eaebd45427c9

customssearchwindow-3b5b5a32f89a4003a80d

Ho.lee. Crap.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is likely coming to PC

Halo 5: Forge (and Custom Games) is FREE on PC

Halo: Bad Blood - June 26th (Book)     Halo Infinite  - TBA (Game, PC/Xbox One)

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

-The Gravemind (Halo 3, 2007)

#7682 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:39 AM

Yusss finally a special version of the Wasp!  And those Halo 3 helmets!

#7683 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

King of the Hill and Race have officially returned to Halo, and the new Canon Fodder, Bounty Hunters, is out.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#7684 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

gruntmechbeam1120banner-aea638ebffa2485b

Hello! Here is a report. Everybody knows the Goblin is the best vehicle at being great, ever invented. It’s only got one real big problem, and that is sometimes it doesn’t kill nearly enough humans enough. So me and a bunch of other top Balaho sciencers did all kinds of new planning and methods and made some important ideas. We did a new kind of Goblin named Beam Goblin! It makes the old Goblin look like old stink-garbage that got thrown away for being terrible. It is the new best at killing and I will explain at you how come.

One idea is that there wasn’t enough exploding, so we decided to add more exploding in this one. Like the old poem goes, “Needlers are really great for fighting humans but it’s sometimes good to explode them.” OH! And if you ask what’s the worst thing to get shot by? I know the answer right away A SCARAB BEAM! So we put one on its front! So, in concussion, this is a great new thing to stomp around with and kill humans at. The end! May each step on the Great Journey be bouncy.

Senior Science Commissioner Gablap

BASED 343 WHY BUT ALSO THANK YOU.

also:

totallylegitscriptforatotallyrealgame-42

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

"Resignation is my virtue. Like water, I ebb and flow. Defeat is simply the addition of time to a sentence I never deserved...but you imposed."

#7685 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

'Yabda Cuts Loose' would still be a more compelling narrative than anything
Brian Reed has squirted out of his orifice.

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

#7686 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:27 PM

Well, if any of you Pre-Ordered Halo Wars 2 Ultimate edition, keys to Halo Wars: Definitive Edition have been sent today and early access to it is now Live for both PC and Xbox One.  Waypoint Article about it here.

And well, I've got to say, Mouse and Keyboard controls handle quite well for an RTS designed around consoles, and it looks quite good as well.

And for those who don't want to or haven't pre-order Halo Wars 2, know that by Early Access, this isn't what they did with say ReCore or Forza Horizion 3 where you get to play the full thing early.  This is full on Early Access where improvements are still being made and the release is still a few months out (as Halo Wars: DE is set to launch WITH Halo Wars 2)

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7687 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:47 PM

Also, just as a reminder, the classic helmets pack is hitting Halo 5 on Thursday.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#7688 mooface5

mooface5

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

Anyone know if these helmets will be added to the req pool after the featured pack expires (if they aren't already)?

It doesn't make sense for them to not appear in the req pool considering they already have different rarity ratings. Just asking because my next silver pack guarantees 2 of the rare-rated helmets. I'm better off not getting the limited edition pack but these are the best looking helmets in the game.

#7689 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

Anyone know if these helmets will be added to the req pool after the featured pack expires (if they aren't already)?

It doesn't make sense for them to not appear in the req pool considering they already have different rarity ratings. Just asking because my next silver pack guarantees 2 of the rare-rated helmets. I'm better off not getting the limited edition pack but these are the best looking helmets in the game.

The pack isn't going to expire (and neither has any of the other packs. They're all still available from the XBL store page, just not the in-game store.), but IIRC, they're currently not in the REQ pool. 150k RQP or the paid option atm.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#7690 mooface5

mooface5

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:29 AM

The pack isn't going to expire (and neither has any of the other packs. They're all still available from the XBL store page, just not the in-game store.), but IIRC, they're currently not in the REQ pool. 150k RQP or the paid option atm.

Oh, on the community pop-up for Halo 5 they say that the pack is a limited time only. That's what I meant by expiring. I didn't know the packs are still available on the Xbox Store.
Anyways I'm on the fence about getting the pack or just waiting for the possibility of the helmets being added to the req pool (which I'm pretty sure they'll do, right? RIGHT?!)

---

Also Halo Wars 2 ads:

#7691 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:54 AM

Yeah. It's weird. Like last week, I got the 'best of' pack again for like the 3rd time, even though it was technically a one time thing, but XBL store allowed it. Not sure if intentional or a loophole I exploited. But I paid for it (for science once I discovered that it was still potentially active.) So really, who exploited who?

Also those HW2 ads remind me of those old PS1 commercials for Crash 3 back in the day.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#7692 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:38 PM

At long last, I've finally tried out Halo 5 on PC. It's alright I guess, the sounds and graphics are so much different from what I'm used to in a Halo game, but I can't deny it's kind of fun. I also got the Exuberant mod tool, so I've actually been able to customize my armor, and play in third person too. Of course, with third person, zooming goes out of the window, along with any decent ranged weapons, but ground pounds seem very easy to do in that perspective, plus you see the neat little details like the thruster packs on the back of the armor. I played on some weird Super Smash Brothers map, DE Dust, and Blood Gulch among other great ones, I have to say the things people have made in Forge are killer. I wish there were more people playing at a time, but maybe it was just a slow day.

edit: I have to say, third person goes the greatest with SWAT. I don't know what normal SWAT in H5 is like, but this gamemode had unlimited thrusters, increased speed, and the AR as a default weapon, and despite breaking even on the score, it was ridiculously fun to run around with a 150 FOV and see my Spartan flying around the map at the speed of light.

xgd0s9.jpg

#7693 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:18 PM

PYROMANIACS REJOICE!  The upcoming leader for Halo Wars 2 is all about fire.

Notable specialties include a Hero that uses a custom Cyclops upgraded with Flamethrowers, Flamethrower Warthogs, and Napalm Missiles.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7694 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

He's lean, mean, green, and knows what the ladies like.

Sgt. Johnson is back as a playable leader for Multiplayer.

Johnson brings some new powers and units too.  You can get an EMP MAC round, disabling enemies vehicles, both air and ground.  He can also use a bunker drop ability, dropping in a permanent garrison that can hold multiple squads/units (base I believe is 4, with an upgrade allowing more and giving it a shield), with the draw back of costing population.  He also gets two new units, the Mantis and Colossus.  The Mantis is, well, a Mantis, and replaces Warthogs.  The Colossus is basically the Mantis's bigger brother, with a heavy railgun and an Autocannon, and replaces Scorpions (and is also big enough to where when you create one, it has to be dropped in, not released from the base you create it from).

Johnson himself will come into the fight as the hero unit as well, much like how Forge (a character pack on launch) and Kinsano fight.  However, Johnson fights differently than he did in the previous games.  He comes in wearing a customized HRUNTING/YGGDRASIL Mark 1[J] armor (or simply put, the proto-MJOLNIR armor used for the original Orion Program (AKA the proto-SPARTAN program)), and it's armed with a chaingun and later on a smart missile launcher on the shoulder.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7695 Randomman96

Randomman96

• Nova Member
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:25 PM

A monument to all our sins returns...

Halo Wars 2's first full sized expansion comes in the fall (my bet is October), and it comes with a new campaign, two new leaders, two new maps, a new mode, and the return of the Flood.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#7696 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

So this comes out in a few days

C-yiLbkXgAE01mO.jpg

It's a Halo book about all the different ships and vessels, illustrated by the same people that did all those old Star Wars cross section books in the early 2000s. It doesn't seem like they've lost their touch, either.

fb2e9e43-26d0-421b-89f3-979ca5327b4d.jpg

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#7697 Wildsoldier37

Wildsoldier37

• Nova Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Yesterday was 10 years since Halo 3 was released, pretty crazy.

#7698 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:21 AM

Oh hey. We're in a bit of a Halo lull right now, but uh...

MgBTP7P.png

Z9Se4ku.png

yWaRyBC.png

pO0ZmWS.png

L8wFVSM.png

I'm keepin' busy.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users