Photo

The HALO Topic

Halo

• Please log in to reply
7697 replies to this topic

#41 D-man

D-man

A soldier follows orders, a warrior follows his heart.

• 1,296 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:03 AM

Eh, it's still early in the build, but the lighting and textures on the weapons from what I can see are worlds better than H3.

tumblr_mlmz00PsPA1qbz8aro1_250.gif

Dracarys

#42 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:15 AM

Eh, from those screenshots, it doesn't look anything more than an upgraded Halo 3 engine. I'm reserving judgment though.
Also, I really liked Halo 3 and the engine and really appreciate what it can do, but I kind of wanted something... different. It's bothering me as much as CoD using the same engine for three games.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#43 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

Well keep in mind that they are also crappy cell phone pictures. Although I do love that aiming reticle on the Spartan Laser. A nice little piece of eye candy.
Old timer

#44 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

It's pretty much the most metal thing ever.

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Ocelot @ Nov 5 2009, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It certainly looks generic, at least. All FPSes are required by law to be either about gritty brown and grey soldiers or space marines wearing colourful Power Ranger suits, because everyone wants to look like Call of Duty or Halo, and since these shots look very much like Halo they are, by definition, generic. Q.E.D.

But that's just the thing, it's not trying to be Halo, it is Halo. How are you going to call it generic when it's simply continuing on from previous games (and when we don't have much information about it anyway)? When the original game came out, it was revolutionary, not generic, and of course it's going to maintain a similar style of game. It's be a little weird if all of a sudden, Halo was a Mirror's Edge-style parkour simulator (though it would be totally awesome). This isn't so much directed specifically at you as it is everybody going on about it being another 'generic' FPS; of course it's an FPS, it's Halo. But generic? No. Call the Halo clones generic, because they are, but don't use the term for the original.

Though I really do like the idea of squad-based Halo; Brothers in Arms, 2552, anybody?

ponyavatar.jpg

#45 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (Rick Densard @ Nov 5 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Though I really do like the idea of squad-based Halo; Brothers in Arms, 2552, anybody?

That should/could have been ODST. But Bungie REALLY HAS TO make a game centered on Elites only, squad based, that would be like ODST. Beginning during the second game, going through the war, and fighting the brutes alongside humans, then defend their homeworld at the end.

Edited by The unknown, 05 November 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#46 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

Also, I doubt thats a new Battle Rifle.

It's probably just an updated model and texture.

#47 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Isamin @ Nov 5 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's probably just an updated model and texture.

No way. I know my Battle Rifle, and that is not a Battle Rifle.
Old timer

#48 Grombrindal

Grombrindal

All will bow before... DOCTOR PISCES!

• Nova Member
  • 2,979 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Rick Densard @ Nov 6 2009, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not if you're a Spartan. Then it's more like "Supersoldier ***kicking 101, 2552", and would involve jumping forty feet, throwing grenades and duel-wielding heavy-duty SMGs tongue.gif.
I honestly don't know about this. The Halo series, beyond the first two, never really grabbed my attention. Sure, Halo 3 had an interesting campaign, but the multiplayer seems overly competitive to me, instead of being light-hearted. Like it should be. When people start preaching about how the sword is unfair in a game where you can jump twenty feet and snipe with dead accuracy from the back of a moving dirtbike, I start losing interest. As far as I can tell, so far this seems like Halo 3 with slightly prettier weapons and two or three new enemies - not really enough to sell to me, a PS3 owner, when Halo 3 didn't grab me at all. I'm starting to feel like Micro$oft is just milking the Halo franchise for everything they can get...

I just migh drink it to keep the fear of SEEING THE PAT THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY NAME OMG SO MUCH BLOOD

kEVdchv.gif302fJKQ.gif

#49 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (Grombrindal @ Nov 5 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly don't know about this. The Halo series, beyond the first two, never really grabbed my attention. Sure, Halo 3 had an interesting campaign, but the multiplayer seems overly competitive to me, instead of being light-hearted. Like it should be. When people start preaching about how the sword is unfair in a game where you can jump twenty feet and snipe with dead accuracy from the back of a moving dirtbike, I start losing interest. As far as I can tell, so far this seems like Halo 3 with slightly prettier weapons and two or three new enemies - not really enough to sell to me, a PS3 owner, when Halo 3 didn't grab me at all. I'm starting to feel like Micro$oft is just milking the Halo franchise for everything they can get...

Yeah, because that statement wasn't overly dramatized at all. How can Microsoft be milking the franchise when Bungie, the creator of Halo, is producing the game? You can't just say Halo is being milked because it is overly successful. I mean its not like 30 years of Star Wars we're talking about here.
Old timer

#50 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 6 2009, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, because that statement wasn't overly dramatized at all. How can Microsoft be milking the franchise when Bungie, the creator of Halo, is producing the game? You can't just say Halo is being milked because it is overly successful. I mean its not like 30 years of Star Wars we're talking about here.

Not to mention that everyone is judging the entire game from a year or more away based on about five or six crummy screenshots that aren't even perpendicular to the TV. rolleyes.gif

ponyavatar.jpg

#51 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

Its okay Dense, haters gonna hate.
Old timer

#52 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 6 2009, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its okay Dense, haters gonna hate.

True dat, homie. tongue.gif

ponyavatar.jpg

#53 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:36 PM

I like how everyone is an expert of the game because of their intense research of 5 cellphone pictures.

#54 Chewbacca the Pimp

Chewbacca the Pimp

Look at my hat, Reginald!

• 616 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Hey, guise... if anything it's an old battle rifle. This is set before any other HALO game (except maybe Wars), and some of the weapons may be precursors.

#55 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (Chewbacca the Pimp @ Nov 6 2009, 01:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, guise... if anything it's an old battle rifle. This is set before any other HALO game (except maybe Wars), and some of the weapons may be precursors.

QUOTE (880_ZERO @ Nov 5 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I doubt thats a new Battle Rifle. After all, it is 2552 when Reach was glassed. And besides, the Battle Rifle dated back to 2525 in Contact Harvest.

Old timer

#56 Chewbacca the Pimp

Chewbacca the Pimp

Look at my hat, Reginald!

• 616 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

The game is probably more canon that that book cover.

#57 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

No way. I know my Battle Rifle, and that is not a Battle Rifle.

While it's a quite a bit different from a battle rifle, there have been drastic changes before in the Halo series. Masterchief being the biggest change, though they 'disguise' it as new armour.

It may be a different rifle in the universe but I bet it functions exactly the same as a Battle rifle.

#58 classified

classified

classified

• Nova Member
  • 604 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Grombrindal @ Nov 5 2009, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not if you're a Spartan. Then it's more like "Supersoldier ***kicking 101, 2552", and would involve jumping forty feet, throwing grenades and duel-wielding heavy-duty SMGs tongue.gif.

I'd like to comment that Microsoft doesn't own Halo. Bungie left Microsoft.

You guys are all way jumping to conclusions. Five cellphone pictures of a game that is still in the early stages of development. I can definitely tell from that that this is just like Halo 1. And that it's gonna be generic and boring. rolleyes.gif
Posted Image

#59 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

I'd like to comment that Microsoft doesn't own Halo. Bungie left Microsoft.

Microsoft owns Halo. Bungie left Microsoft but Microsoft retain the rights to the IP.

#60 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:10 PM

On all of this Battle Rifle business, I'd like to reiterate.

BR

it is a one shot battle rifle with 12 rounds, pretty powerful and effective long range.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users