• Please log in to reply
647 replies to this topic

#21 Sniper-Serpent

Sniper-Serpent

Tick Tick Boom

• Nova Member
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:12 AM

I'm not whitelisted for some reason. I posted my name! :( I seem to have posted my name with a hyphen instead of an underline, that might be the problem.
Posted Image
Proud member of Aperature science.

#22 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,177 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

I swear on all that is holy if any of you ignorant fools fiddled with my house I will end each and every one of you.

Anyway, let's all give Squirrel a big thanks for hosting this!

lWZ8e6F.png

#23 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:40 AM

Thank you Squirrel! This is awesome! :D

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#24 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:43 AM

ALL HAIL SQUIRREL! CREATOR OF WORLDS!
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#25 Clueless_Hero

Clueless_Hero

"Ça Plane Pour Moi"

• 351 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

But until then, I'm living as a crazy hill-hermit.

Amen.
Posted Image

#26 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

The new server is awesome but it would be nice if there was some community shared food. Just sayin
Posted Image
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#27 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

All hail Squirrel, and thank Notch that co-ords were included in this game Posted Image.

Also, I agree that we should have waystations everywhere around the capital. They could have stores of food and some beds. It wouldn't even have to be illegitimate, as each waystation could be fuelled by the constant store of food that is the new breeding system!

In fact, I vote in favour of the idea that no Creative Mode should be used except in emergencies from now on. I like the idea of community that we had on the old server before Creative existed (barring those moments when certain members figured out how to use WorldEdit Posted Image).

~ Golden-Star

#28 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

I'm not whitelisted for some reason. I posted my name! :( I seem to have posted my name with a hyphen instead of an underline, that might be the problem.

Done.

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#29 Sniper-Serpent

Sniper-Serpent

Tick Tick Boom

• Nova Member
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Thank ye Squirrel. My heart is eploding with joy.
Posted Image
Proud member of Aperature science.

#30 Stylus

Stylus

Barkleymonogatari

• 1,426 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

Listen, I found a Netherportal at the coordinates of -1380, 70, 986, next to a strip of red and yellow wool. Does anybody know who it belongs to? It's messing up with the portal at our town, cos they both lead to the same portal in the Nether, but you always come out at the one next to the red and yellow wool.
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius

#31 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:06 PM

I just want to make it clear that if I see anyone using flymod from now on I will talk to the Mods about it. I know it can be annoying walking large distances, but it's a rule and so people should stick to it no matter what their situation.

Also, I have started growing wheat and I will try and set up a waystation near my house at Mt. Lyntopp. If anybody is in need of food or rest on the Western Continent then they can come to there once I have it set up. I will post co-ords when it is finished.

~ Golden-Star

#32 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

Listen, I found a Netherportal at the coordinates of -1380, 70, 986, next to a strip of red and yellow wool. Does anybody know who it belongs to? It's messing up with the portal at our town, cos they both lead to the same portal in the Nether, but you always come out at the one next to the red and yellow wool.

Well presumably then it was there first so it'll have to stay I'm afraid. Unless you can work out whose it is and come to some agreement with them about it. Can you take a screenshot and post it here please?

#33 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:07 PM

I've just found my third Dungeon in the area where I live, which counting the ones JocivaFlcol and Thray_Walsh found makes at least six within a really quite small area. Why are there so many? Could it be to do with some areas being generated in different versions of Minecraft, because the Overworld terrain shows nothing strikingly different?

On a related note, I was wondering how much people would be willing to pay for three saddles and a music disk Posted Image. And also whether we can sell Gunpowder to the Empire. Because I am accumulating a fair bit of it but there's no use that it has at the moment besides TNT Posted Image.

~ Golden-Star

#34 Proxyclaw

Proxyclaw

Professional Anomaly

• 1,611 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:41 PM

And also whether we can sell Gunpowder to the Empire. Because I am accumulating a fair bit of it but there's no use that it has at the moment besides TNT Posted Image.

Thrown potions

There's a difference between "oddness" and brainless, mindscrewing confusion.

#35 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Guys, I used a nether portal yesterday that I constructed in a cavern I had made somewhere around y: 10, x: -50 somthing, and z: 750 something. Little did I know that there was a tower, protected by mods, that had a nether portal where I am teleported whenever I try to escape the nether, leaving me no where to go but back in the portal. If someone could unprotect the tower or fix the staircase or the ladder that lead out that would be great.
The tower also has red and dark grey wool for a floor, if that helps any.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#36 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Sniper-Serpent, ForcedSim, JUSTGOTREAL, Golden Star and I are in the process of creating Cloudsdale and would like to be formally recognized as a settlement when we are finished.
As of now we have underground apartments and .....nothing else.
Is there anyway that a mod can extend the time it takes for items to disappear? Because in the time it takes to get out of the capital you have almost no time to go looking for your corpse, and as a result lose all your items.
Posted Image

#37 Dense_Electric

Dense_Electric

It's pretty much the most metal thing ever.

• Nova Member
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

Have you used beds yet? Probably a dumb question but just making sure. ;)

ponyavatar.jpg

#38 TurtleTux

TurtleTux

Lamp.

• 205 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:59 AM

Have you used beds yet? Probably a dumb question but just making sure. ;)

I haven't, seeing as there appear to be no bloody sheep anywhere near Cloudsdale, and thrice I have lost items due to this. Although I am getting quite a bit of lag and so if minecraft deletes items sooner with more people online then that is fair enough as entities such as items do cause lag.
Edit: Also, it's official: Cloudsdale is the first settlement with a logo. ^^ Posted Image

Edited by JUSTGOTREAL, 23 December 2011 - 01:13 AM.

Posted Image

Skype - GCDzns | YouTube - GCDzn | Email - gcdzns@gmail.com | Twitter - @GCDzn

Also, I make signatures, wallpapers and youtube backgrounds. PM me.

#39 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

Is there anyway that a mod can extend the time it takes for items to disappear? Because in the time it takes to get out of the capital you have almost no time to go looking for your corpse, and as a result lose all your items.

Items will only disappear if the chunk that they're on is loaded. So you can take all the time you want, you just have five minutes once you're in range of the chunk they're on.

#40 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

Items will only disappear if the chunk that they're on is loaded. So you can take all the time you want, you just have five minutes once you're in range of the chunk they're on.

Yeah. That theory dissolves when there are about 5 other guys in the same chunk running around and dying Posted Image.

@JGR: Nice logo! The township of Cloudsdale is now official!

~ Golden-Star

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users