• Please log in to reply
889 replies to this topic

#21 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Anyone know when the MGSHD collection is coming out? I heard it was coming in November...

It comes out on Tuesday.

#22 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

Wait, they're not?

Well, scratch that off my Christmas list then. I'll just have to ask Ryan how it is. :\

Neither is MGS4.

Only ones included are MGS2, MGS3, and MGS peace walker (the PSP MGS game).
Or so I've heard.

EDIT:
Tuesday? Posted Image
I need to get my wallet ready!

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#23 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

Truthfully, I'm most excited about Peace Walker. Never played it so it'll be like a whole new MGS game to me.

#24 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,938 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

The Japanese version of the HD Collection comes with a code to download the digital version of MGS1 off the Playstation Network, but they're selling Peace Walker separately in Japan so it balances out.

I think an HD rerelease of Metal Gear Solid would take a lot more doing than HD versions of MGS2 and 3. Those games can just be re-rendered at 1080p and stamped onto discs pretty easily and they'll still look alright, but imagine Snake's pixel face from MGS1 blown up all HD-style. He didn't even have eyes in that game. It'd be a great big effort to redraw all the assets from that game to a PS2-ish level of quality, but then why would they do that when we're already on the PS3, so they'd have to draw them at much higher resolutions and then you'd have a game that looked like MGS4 but played like MGS1 and people would complain. I guess they could make an HD remake of The Twin Snakes, but that has its own problems and I think it might be at least partly owned by Nintendo.

Maybe Kojima will remake it some day in this new Fox engine, and he'll find some way of remastering the original audio instead of having to get all the voice actors in to rerecord it in American accents, and he'll make the cutscenes exactly as they were instead of making it Metal Gear May Cry, and he'll alter some of the environments so that being able to shoot in first person doesn't completely break the difficulty of the game and everyone will be happy. And maybe monkeys will fly out of my butt. Everyone just hold onto your PSX versions :P

#25 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

Well, I'm playing Metal Gear Solid 3. Fight with the End. That's cool. I sneak up on this guy, 4 times. 4. I hold him up four times. He even lies down on the ground, surrendering. But then I don't get the Moss Camo. I wanted that. I crawled on my ass for ever to sneak up on this guy. I got the Sniper Rifle though. Whatever.

You have to use the shotgun and fire it next to his head and he'll shake the Moss Camo out. I got it a few months ago. :P If you wanna know his position just look for his footprints or go to the Map and use the Konami Code. :P Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right Square Triangle Square Triangle, and the sniper icon on the map turns red. :P

Also, rumor has it that the HD Collection will also have the original MSX games and that alone is worth getting mainly because you can't find Subsistence anywhere, but you could potentially play it on a ROM too.... eh, IDK I'm not as excited about the HD Collection anymore mainly because of the lack of information regarding it. That and it's coming out the day MW3 is coming out. :sick:

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#26 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

I own Subsistence. I tracked it down through 3 Gamestops.

I didn't aim at his head though. I crawled up, pulled my pistol out and went 'Freeze'!. He did go 'How did you?' and all that. At one point, he lied down. Actually, twice. I'm not sure what I was supposed to do. The first time I tried grabbing him. And the second I just shot him. I'll grab it on the second run then.

My zombie camo is missing though. I found it, and later on in the game, I checked and it wasn't there. I even wore it and called DARPA Chief. Dang, yo. :(

giphy.gif

#27 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

I was playing MGS1 on my PSX emulator, and that was cool, but I moved into a new place and my sister kept the 360 controller we used for emulators so now Imma wait til I get a new one cause I am not playing on a keyboard olol.

So I've been playing MGS2, I finally found the M9 as Raiden, glorious.

#28 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:05 AM

I own Subsistence. I tracked it down through 3 Gamestops.

My point exactly. :P

tqtEf64.gif

#29 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

Well, that's because Gamestop is shipping out all PS2 games. They don't sell or buy pre-owned PS2 games, so whatever they have is up to them. The one closest to my house has them, while none of the others do (I guess they're all being relocated to that one, District 9 style). They're all cheap, which is glorious for people like me who are a generation late. :lol:

Originally they only gave me Disc 2, and not the actual game. I had to go back to get the first disc. ^_^

giphy.gif

#30 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

I didn't have the chance to pick up MGSHD today. I feel like a failure D:
I'll hopefully be able to grab it tomorrow from my local Gamestop. As far as I know, I'm not doing anything tomorrow.

Anyone have it yet? I'm dying to finally play MGS3. Peace Walker also looks cool.
I already have MGS2 Substance for Xbox, and I've almost beaten %100 of the VR missions (They're HARD).
Can't wait to finally play these games! I'M EXCITED RAAGH!

aaand EDIT:

Got the game. It's the best game ever. Now I'm going to log off so I can play more.

EDIT 2: If anyone wants to play Peace Walker co-op, (on 360) my gamertag is Forriedude. Hit me up!

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#31 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,938 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

I'm hearing tell on other forums that MGS2 and 3 are lacking in certain key areas. From the videos I've seen the Codec takes a looong time to start playing messages when you get calls, not minutes or anything but just long enough to make you wonder whether the game has frozen, and certain effects are pared back like the rain on the Tanker and the Lice in the Plant. And the Skateboarding minigame is gone. Likewise the dream Big Boss has after being captured in Groznyj Grad, the Devil May Cry minigame they called Guy Savage, isn't there anymore. I don't know whether the ensuing Codec calls have been taken out too. That really sucks, because that dream was such a perfectly Metal Gear moment of bizarreness. Apparently because the skateboarding minigame and the dream fight ran on different engines to the main game they didn't bother to port them over.

EDIT - So, cut from MGS3:
- Snake's Nightmare
- Snake vs. Monkey
- Boss Survival Mode
- Secret Theater
- Metal Gear Online
- That third disc from Subsistence with all the cutscenes edited into a movie

#32 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:04 AM

I'm hearing tell on other forums that MGS2 and 3 are lacking in certain key areas. From the videos I've seen the Codec takes a looong time to start playing messages when you get calls, not minutes or anything but just long enough to make you wonder whether the game has frozen, and certain effects are pared back like the rain on the Tanker and the Lice in the Plant. And the Skateboarding minigame is gone. Likewise the dream Big Boss has after being captured in Groznyj Grad, the Devil May Cry minigame they called Guy Savage, isn't there anymore. I don't know whether the ensuing Codec calls have been taken out too. That really sucks, because that dream was such a perfectly Metal Gear moment of bizarreness. Apparently because the skateboarding minigame and the dream fight ran on different engines to the main game they didn't bother to port them over.

EDIT - So, cut from MGS3:
- Snake's Nightmare
- Snake vs. Monkey
- Boss Survival Mode
- Secret Theater
- Metal Gear Online
- That third disc from Subsistence with all the cutscenes edited into a movie

I'm gonna miss Snake's Nightmare. :( I didn't play SvM much, Boss survival was only fun in Substance, the secret theatre unlocks when you beat the game if I recall, MGO is missing because that's what MGS4 has (and the original MGO servers were shut down) and I wasn't aware of a third Subsistence disc. In all, I must say, I'm impressed my MGS3 in HD... glorious.

EDIT: The thunder easter-egg from MGS2's title screen is still here. :D

Edited by Michaelangelo, 14 November 2011 - 11:06 AM.

tqtEf64.gif

#33 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

Check goes through tomorrow. Definitely picking up the HD Collection when I get Halo Anniversary.

#34 Freeloh

Freeloh

Good thing the Restoration made this tech so easy to use!

• 256 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

I'll just leave this here...
Posted Image
Click the image to see my art topic!

#35 Florent

Florent

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'll just leave this here...

Posted Image

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#36 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

I hope you play as Otacon.

#37 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:37 AM

I say Solid Snake shouldn't be in it. Let him wander off into the Alaskan Wilderness, and challenge the ancient spirits. The Ravens call for him.

The game could totally be a flashback though. Or a remake of the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. You know how awesome it would be to be young Solid Snake taking down Outer Haven? Or, let's make this game awesome and star Liquid Snake. Yeah. With headbutting.

giphy.gif

#38 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

I swear to all high heaven if it's after MGS4. I'm fairly sure that MGS4's ending could be summed up as a not so subtle eff you to anyone who wanted a continuation of Snake's story. Most of the major characters are dead or dying, pretty much every loose end is tied up and it tried to provide as much closure as possible. The final scene of MGS4 had this finality to it. Just... give Snake a rest. He's earned it.

If MGS5 does happen, I know what I want. I want to play as The Boss. Sending the timeline hurtling back to the farthest it can go.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#39 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

The Boss, as in Joy?

It'd be kinda cool to see something circa World War 2. However, that may be too far back, and the gadgets and weapons would be certainly scaled back. You've got the time Liberian Civil War with young Raiden, the recruitment of FOXHOUND, etc. Actually, since Hideo confirmed that there isn't gonna be anymore Snake, might as well start over with a brand new Protagonist. And, why not, have Nolan North voice him? It's his contract obligation to be in every game possible. :lol:

giphy.gif

#40 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:30 PM

MGS5... dunno how I feel about that. But yeah I simply assumed that Snake died 6 months after the events of MGS4... which makes sense because he's got the body of an octogenarian.

We still haven't seen MGS Rising yet either. Snake's story is over is over, even Big Boss' story is over. I don't really know what else you can do with MGS, unless the hero in MGS5 would be Johnny. :P It'd make sense he's awesome in MGS4, and he looks a little like a young Liam Neeson. :D

tqtEf64.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Metal Gear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users