The Video Game News Thread

• Please log in to reply
7578 replies to this topic

#21 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,108 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

I am Alive New LEAKED footage. Likely taken down soon.

Next Batch of consoles...........

PS4 Pro - 4.2 Tflops - 2016

Scorpio - 6 Tflops - 2017

NX - 2017 - Mario Mushrooms, and Link's Hat powered device. 

PS5 - 2019/2020 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

XBNext - 2019/2020/2021 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

-My old forum.

#22 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

Trailer for Counter-Strike Global Offensive:

I'm kinda of excited because I love the idea of cross-platform gaming and if this hits it big, then it might become a new trend in gaming in later years to come. ^_^

nY1rpGl.gif

#23 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Looks like garbage for a game being released in 2012. I mean, the effects for the chopper blades were horrendus. I didn't know this was still an original Xbox title or an Arcade game.
Old timer

#24 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

If you have Origin, you might want to get rid of it. And if you guys saw this, also, don't be fooled.

Basically EA is saying they can access any program on your computer and catalog it, use it, and market it. Of course, the second link has a revision by EA for their EULA, but it doesn't change anything. All they added was that they won't install spyware and won't give your info to baddies. Nothing about it from keeping your information out of the hands of third party investors, courtesy of EA. Thanks EA, your games are forever ruined on the PC for me.
Old timer

#25 Tyrannical Tim

Tyrannical Tim

SCREW ALL YA'LL IT I'M OUT YO

• 1,070 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:04 AM

It can only send your info while Origin is running.
I turn it off except for when I am gaming so it's not like it's sending any information other than the fact I am playing their games.

Also that bit in there saying PC only gets 24 players, is only for team deathmatch.
And if you are playing team deathmatch in a battlefield game, you are doing something wrong.
RIP Brave Members of the 2/29/12 bombing.
Posted Image

#26 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

Yeah that's bad. It's very bad and will probably affect BF3's rating and dominance over MW3. Ugh, EA, WTF you guys! You had such a good thing going on here with BF3, but you had to go and screw it up by competing with Valve and Steam.

The proverbial poop is gonna hit the proverbial fan, real soon again as it did with Spore, ain't it?

It can only send your info while Origin is running.
I turn it off except for when I am gaming so it's not like it's sending any information other than the fact I am playing their games.

Also that bit in there saying PC only gets 24 players, is only for team deathmatch.
And if you are playing team deathmatch in a battlefield game, you are doing something wrong.

"You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol Address), operating system, Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware"

IT KNOWS YOU USE STEAM. IT KNOWS YOU USE FIREFOX. It knows you turn off Origin, and it knows when you turn it on. This is going to severely impact how well BF3 and ME3 will do, at least on the PC market.

Edited by Michaelangelo, 29 August 2011 - 10:26 AM.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#27 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,108 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:14 PM

If you have Origin, you might want to get rid of it. And if you guys saw this, also, don't be fooled.

Basically EA is saying they can access any program on your computer and catalog it, use it, and market it. Of course, the second link has a revision by EA for their EULA, but it doesn't change anything. All they added was that they won't install spyware and won't give your info to baddies. Nothing about it from keeping your information out of the hands of third party investors, courtesy of EA. Thanks EA, your games are forever ruined on the PC for me.

EVERY EULA has this in it. Nothing special dude. Just anti-origin hype. Both Xfire and STEAM do this already. They both monitor your application usage with their software, and do all the same crap.

One. Application usage = what you play and use Origin with. Just like STEAM. Records gameplay hours likely.
Two. IP Address - Every videogame you play online knows your IP address.
Three. Software you install from Origin is the only software and software usage it cares about.
Four. Hardware... Steam looks at your hardware as well. Nothing new.

Next Batch of consoles...........

PS4 Pro - 4.2 Tflops - 2016

Scorpio - 6 Tflops - 2017

NX - 2017 - Mario Mushrooms, and Link's Hat powered device. 

PS5 - 2019/2020 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

XBNext - 2019/2020/2021 (Powered by AMD Zen family APU)

-My old forum.

#28 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:23 AM

I'm pretty sure Steam doesn't give your information away to third party members.
Old timer

#29 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

Was this posted? I hope not, but just seeing this makes me super excited. Mirror's. Edge. 2.

giphy.gif

#30 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,898 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

Was this posted? I hope not, but just seeing this makes me super excited. Mirror's. Edge. 2.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD I just came in here to post some TGS stuff and I see this aaaargh I need it inside all of my veins! ALL OF THEM!

COAT. EVERY. INCH. OF MY BODY. INSIDE AND OUT. WITH MIRROR'S EDGE 2.

Oh right TGS stuff.
- Final Fantasy X remake coming for PS3 and Vita.

- Vita will be released December 17th in Japan and they've released some details about battery life (bad) and memory card price (high) and games (console ports)

- Resident Evil 6miiiightbe announced tomorrowish

- 3DS add-on thing works with more games than Monster Hunter, including MGS3 3D

So the question now is which handheld system will play Metal Gear Solid 3 the best. I'm still trying to work out whether you get the Vita version of the MGS HD Collection when you buy the PS3 version or whether you have to buy both of them. Kojima and Konami talk a lot about 'transfarring', their ridiculous nonsense word for letting you wirelessly transfer saves between PS3 and Vita, but if you have to buy the same game twice it's not really such a marvelous thing.

#31 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

Oh man I'm pumped. I think I need to start playing ME1 again to get myself warmed up for this. ^_^

nY1rpGl.gif

#32 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,898 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

Rrrgh, first world problems! I am just tore up about this whole Vita situation. On the one hand it's huge and it has terrible battery life and a bunch of dumb stuff, and on the other hand UNCHARTED!

And now this:
Posted Image

You're telling me it comes in different colours? And one of those colours is purple!? dat purp

#33 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

Not to be outdone by Nintendo in the department of silly, space-consuming peripherals that defeat the purpose of being handheld and really should have just been built into the system in the first place, Sony has introduced an "external battery" to the Vita. It apparently takes the abysmal three-to-five hour battery life up to nine to fifteen hours, yet I really can't help but think the concept of this external battery defeats it's own purpose. The PSV already looks like it does a number on your pocket, and this external battery inevitably guarantees it'll take up even more room. If it gets inconvenient to carry around, you may as well be playing at home, and if you're playing at home... you might as well be tethered to the charging cable. Admittedly, they haven't released any pictures of the thing, but I really can't see this being anything but obtrusive.

But ultimately, what baffles me the most is why Sony can't just shove this fancy decent battery into the PSV right now instead of forcing the people buying the actual system to buy another separate (and let's not kid ourselves, extraordinarily overpriced) dumb peripheral for the privilege of having a battery life that isn't terrible on top of it. Oh wait.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#34 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

:shock: Wow, this game looks brilliantly sci-fi! It's too bad I don't play MMOs all that much. I might just start. :D

Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#35 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:57 AM

Wait. Eve Forever? Does that have something to do with the awful EVE Online?

giphy.gif

#36 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

Wait. Eve Forever? Does that have something to do with the awful EVE Online?

Yes it does. It's basically a standalone console FPS where you play as hired mercs for other players who are playing the PC MMO.
Old timer

#37 Freeloh

Freeloh

Good thing the Restoration made this tech so easy to use!

• 256 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:24 AM

Mirror's Edge 2?

Today's a glorious day.

Because there's another sequel on the horizon.

Shadow Complex 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Edited by Freeloh, 19 September 2011 - 05:23 AM.

Posted Image
Click the image to see my art topic!

#38 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:35 AM

Shadow Complex 2.

Posted Image

DO WANT.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#39 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Yes it does. It's basically a standalone console FPS where you play as hired mercs for other players who are playing the PC MMO.

So, if someone does a mission in the MMO, someone get's to physically play that in the FPS?

giphy.gif

#40 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

So, if someone does a mission in the MMO, someone get's to physically play that in the FPS?

Is that even possible? It told you guys it was sci-fi.
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users