Photo

SSLF Switch Party, no dorks allowed

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Switch

For buying a Nintendo Switch at launch, Ocelot is...

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

major3ds_610e.jpg

You guys, we are so nearly there. Tomorrow is the big day. Less than one solar day until it all changes when the Fire Nation attacks the Switch is revealed.

You might ask if we really need a whole new thread to discuss this, but I put it to you fine ladies and gentlemen that, yes, we do. Mostly because I'm so super hyped I can't stand it, if we're being honest. This is it. A new video game console, from Nintendo, is about to be announced. It's going to have a Zelda on it. It has a controller with regular buttons and, crucially, it is not the Wii U. I'm excited, you guys.

Allow me to present you with a brief rundown of what we might expect from this event, keeping in mind that I take my list-making extremely seriously and would never ever exaggerate:

- It's an actual stage event being streamed live from Japan. Nintendo's rented out a whole convention hall in Tokyo for press to get hands-on time with the thing, and I believe there's a matching even in New York, too.

- Not to blow anyone's minds here, but they're probably going to go in pretty hard on that there Legend of Zelda. It's all but confirmed as the big killer app launch game, and it obviously looks like a cool video game.

- We know there's a 3D Mario, several Wii U ports and Skyrim from that last trailer they put out. I imagine there'll be a lot of Wii U ports over the years, since they're probably easy to make and nobody has actually played them because they didn't have Wii Us. You have no idea how hard I would rebuy The Wonderful 101, you guys. No. Idea.

- Leakers are reporting everything from Mother 3's long-awaited English release to a Switch-exclusive exclusive Beyond Good & Evil 2. A third version of Pokemon Sun/Moon entitled Stars, and some kind of unholy Ubisoft Rabbids/Mario crossover RPG, too.

- Devil May Cry 5, Metroid Prime 4, Scalebound and Half-Life 3 will definitely be there.

HWbh7zy.jpg

Hold onto your butts, people. Hold on tight and for the love of God don't let go. It's Switch time, and your body will not be ready.

#2 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

YOU GUYS! There are less than FIFTEEN MINUTES until it happens. UNTIL. IT. HAPPENS! Here's the link again just in case you missed it six inches up the page:

A man is playing smooth electronica in the middle of a laser light show. If I die of hype, bury me next to Iwata with my copy of Wonderful 101.

#3 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

March 3rd, for $300 USD. Now just give me the storage size, that's all I need.

#4 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

March 3rd worldwide, $300 US

Oh my God they're charging for online! OH NOOOO this is terrible! They blew it already.

No region-lock confirmed right out of the game, though.

#5 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

Welcome to console gaming, Nintendo.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#6 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

Three hundred bucks and paid online is really not what I was hoping for. I mean, Nintendo doesn't even have a proper account system right now, and we're supposed to trust them enough to start paying for it right out of the gate? You're 'avin' a laugh, mate.

Hope they get started on those hot game announcements real quick. It's time, Nintendo:

tumblr_o4nrzpo3eY1ueh03io1_250.gif

We ain't got all day.

EDIT - 2.5 - 6 hour battery life, depending on game. Joy Cons are diminutive, but they have tiny shoulder buttons on top, and a PS4-style Share button.

#7 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

What about the JoyCons? What's the battery on those?

#8 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:16 PM

What about the JoyCons? What's the battery on those?

Worry not, the JoyCon can convey to you the feeling of ice cubes rattling in a cup.

EDIT - Oh no, we're suddenly back in the days of attractive multicultural models pretending to play video games on camera with Wiimotes.

What anime did this dude just step out of?

XgLRRP9.jpg?1

EDIT - The Wiimote shovelware minigame collection that they've inexplicably decided to show off as the first Switch game, 1-2-Switch, will launch alongside the Switch. As in, you've gotta pay for it. Separately. It's not a pack-in. Oh God.

EDIT - Splatoon 2 confirmed. There's a new song, but it is not as good as Kid Now Squid Now. Things that are happening on-stage:

4TUCFtF.jpg?1

#9 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

SPLATWOON

PXwSeJy.png

#10 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

WiiU Pro Controller confirmed?

#11 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:32 PM

TRhTMgM.jpg?1

EDIT - Oh man, this Mario looks crazy. He was in a modern-day New York looking city running around next to yellow taxis and regular people with normal proportions like one of those Sonic games.

#12 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

What is this? Super Mario Adventure?

#13 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

Guys. That Mario game looked legit as hell.

PXwSeJy.png

#14 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

GOOD VIDEO GAMES ARE HERE! Mario's hat has eyes (Super Mario: Minish Cap) and he's jumping into soup.

Super Mario Odyssey for Holiday 2017.

Now Monolithsoft. I... don't know what this is. I don't think that's an XCX remaster.

#15 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

Holiday '17? Then why even bring it up?

#16 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

Cool, they're making a sequel to the one game I bought for the Wii U.

#17 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

It's just called Xenoblade 2, which I imagine is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles (which was just called Xenoblade in Japan).

Now there's a Koei Tecmo Fire Emblem game, which I can only assume means a Musou/Dynasty Warriors thing like Hyrule Legends.

#18 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

• Nova Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

Cool, they're making a sequel to the one game I bought for the Wii U.

Is it a sequel to X? I was thinking it was a sequel to the original.

#19 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,897 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

Is it a sequel to X? I was thinking it was a sequel to the original.

It's a sequel to regular Xenoblade Chronicles, for the Wii and 3DS. I should really finish that game at some point.

I think this is Shin Megami Tensei 5 now. Just a CG trailer, though, so I wouldn't expect anything soon.

Square-Enix has an SNES-era-looking JRPG called Project Octopath Traveller.

#20 Herbert

Herbert

Succumbing to entropy

• Nova Member
  • 807 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

Metroid and DMC 5 when? Have I been bamboozled again?

STEAM: The Blind Idiot God XBL: Herbert111
Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users