You guys, we are so nearly there. Tomorrow is the big day. Less than one solar day until it all changes when
the Fire Nation attacks the Switch is revealed.
You might ask if we really need a whole new thread to discuss this, but I put it to you fine ladies and gentlemen that, yes, we do. Mostly because I'm so super hyped I can't stand it, if we're being honest. This is it. A new video game console, from Nintendo, is about to be announced. It's going to have a Zelda on it. It has a controller with regular buttons and, crucially, it is not the Wii U. I'm excited, you guys.
Allow me to present you with a brief rundown of what we might expect from this event, keeping in mind that I take my list-making extremely seriously and would never ever exaggerate:
- It's an actual stage event being streamed live from Japan. Nintendo's rented out a whole convention hall in Tokyo for press to get hands-on time with the thing, and I believe there's a matching even in New York, too.
- Not to blow anyone's minds here, but they're probably going to go in pretty hard on that there Legend of Zelda. It's all but confirmed as the big killer app launch game, and it obviously looks like a cool video game.
- We know there's a 3D Mario, several Wii U ports and Skyrim from that last trailer they put out. I imagine there'll be a lot of Wii U ports over the years, since they're probably easy to make and nobody has actually played them because they didn't have Wii Us. You have no idea how hard I would rebuy The Wonderful 101, you guys. No. Idea.
- Leakers are reporting everything from Mother 3's long-awaited English release to a Switch-exclusive exclusive Beyond Good & Evil 2. A third version of Pokemon Sun/Moon entitled Stars, and some kind of unholy Ubisoft Rabbids/Mario crossover RPG, too.
- Devil May Cry 5, Metroid Prime 4, Scalebound and Half-Life 3 will definitely be there.
Hold onto your butts, people. Hold on tight and for the love of God don't let go. It's Switch time, and your body will not be ready.