Photo

Planet Names

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 Future World Ruler

Future World Ruler

• 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:42 AM

- A planet in a Xarkon-controlled system where a secret Yavakarese intelligence post is located. The planet is currently undergoing a devastating ice age that has frozen most of its surface.

- A planet controlled entirely by Victory, home to several large colonies and military bases. Their home-away-from-home. Should be something triumphant and patriotic sounding.

So yeah, I just thought it would be interesting to see what you guys can come up with, and hey, it's something to talk about. :P So if you can come up with any cool star/planet names, suggest them here!

An icy planet with terrible weather. I'd name it Fenris after the wolf that wants to kill everyone(I have to read my mythology again.) Minnesota would also be a perfect name. It has terrible, and frigid winters and has a very large Scandinavian(Norse) population.

Not very original but I would call the Victory planet Liberty (Insert Roman Numeral Here).

#42 Future World Ruler

Future World Ruler

• 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:08 AM

I forgot to add these in my last post but here are a ton of planet names I used when I was younger in some make believe game.
Cobra Alpha, Cobra Beta, Cobra Gamma, Cobra Delta, Thebes, Juno, Fenris, Liberty IV, Parpara, Athens, New Memory, Jericho XVIII, Epsilon Sigma I, II, and III. Harmony IV, Victoria, Veronica, Avalon, Camelot, August Landing, Legacy, Miranda, New Memory, New Israel, New Éire, Scandinavia, Troy, Vulcan, Poseidon, Hestia, Hera, Hades, Adrastia, Moscow, Junction, Happenstance, Looming(Gas giant), Cornerstone, USA State Names, Aphrodite, Ares, Hephaestus, Apollo, Artemis, Centaurus, Sagittarius, Virgo, Callisto, Ganymede, Chaos IV, Io, Europa, Titan, Triton, New Charon, Chiron, Plymouth, Tartarus, Anchorage, Inheritance, Midway, San Jose, New Eden, Pandora(No I didn't take it from Avatar.), Cairo, Delhi, Port Chicago, Shangai, St. Petersburg, St. Peter's Refuge, Cheyenne, Koshohei, Deneb Alhpa, Regulus Prime, Poor Man(A planet without moons), Terra, Harmonia, Constantinople, Demeter, New Tokyo, Berlin, Saturn System, Glenn, Armstrong, Gagarin, Hong Kong, Beatrice, Sirius, Jamestown, Zion, Gemini III, Eridanus System, New Kyoto, New Earth, Eridanus Minor, Beacon, and Alexandria.

#43 bpw2002

bpw2002

Marksman Of The Jagged Edge.

• 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

Alaton IV for Xarkon
Ultramia X for Victory
:lego_soawesome:

You have just been... Intellectually Enlightened.  

#44 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Cephei system. Planet named Cephei Prime for Xarkon.

And Scorp, question. Do the people that give you the names you use get credit or something?

#45 StarScape

StarScape

Gurgleburger

• 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Malum for the independent system, Glachum for Xarkon, and Ustisha for Victory. Just modified Latin words :P

#46 Oedipus_Ordo

Oedipus_Ordo

"I don't care. I'm still free."

• 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Heimdallr(World-brightener) System for Xarkon with Svarog(Deity of Fire) as a lava planet similiar to Mustafar, Ullr(Glory) for the capital planet of the system, Hnoss(Treasure) for a mining world and Gullvieg(contested) for a world with a rebellion that's being brought down.

Posted Image

http://mocpages.com/home.php/29395

#47 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Scorp, if you're a Transformer fan and you want something to inspire you, you should try and read the famous TF fan novel Eugenesis by James Roberts. It was one of the few things that helped, I believe, him to become a professional co-writer of some of the most popular official Transformers comics. Eugenesis has some great technology and fictional science that actually makes sense, and some interesting names for different tech, things and planets.

EDIT: What about a secret Xarkon military base, sort of like Area 51 with conspiracy theories circling its existence and purpose. Its name could be something like Heim or The Heim (Home/World in Old Norse) or maybe an abbreviation made out of the letters in the word.

You know what would be interesting? If either one of the Native species or the Helexith empire, or even just a nation like Xarkon, took over the entire planet and created concentration camps or something. They could rename the planet Hein lol. I got the concentration camp idea from Eugenesis :)

EDIT: Or New Heim :)
Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#48 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

Are you still looking for any planet and/or system names, or have Loki covered everything you need for the next ten books? xD

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users