NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Castle Greywatch (A Dying Breed - START)

80 replies to this topic

#61 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

"Either way," he added, "the Venatori shouldn't suspect each other."

The words rang in Sivan's head again as he returned to the great hall, a few steps behind Brennus having pardoned himself from the company of Crestwell and the Inquisitor. Shouldn't. It almost embarrassed Sivan to have to hear such words used around him still, but there was little reason to sweep out the feets of idealists if they served no purpose sad, and Sivan didn't have much use for a broken Brennus

He had listened intently to the council-over-drinks, but had contributed little of his own opinion. Crestwell's judgement could speak for Sivan, and in this moment there were few other voices that Sivan cared to understand. He had heard the Inquisitor's story, made note of the important parts in his mind, and had promptly returned to scouring his brain for potential recruits.

Now in the great hall, the company had grown ever so slightly from the more awkward initial council, and Sivan decided to seek out another all-call. With the crippled old lorekeeper and his own archer partner at his back, Sivan wanted a good crossbowman and another hard-hitter at least. With the inquisitor along, he'd take as many sets of extra Venatori eyes as he could as well...trusts were thin enough without the mage hunter.

"I've packed brains aplenty!" Sivan hollared to the assembled hunters 'so brawns and bows will be needed on the road east!' Sivan waited for more hunters to come forth, his mind far from the observations of his partner...

((Sivan's opening himself up for people to join up on this mission out east. He wants fairly obedient and straightfoward hunters be it PC/NPC cause he wants Crestwell's will to be uncontested and the Inquisitor just kept in check))

...Asti, who meanwhile, had silently agreed to follow Crestwell and Kate to the private bedrooms of Caiden. While she was sure the loremaster would prove a sufficient detective without her help, Asti knew Sivan would expect an experienced inquisitor to keep the loremaster safe at all times whilst in the company of an outside (the inquisitor.)

Scimitar strapped to her side, Asti wordlessly follow the old man and the stranger to the bull-crested quarters, where the two immediately made quick work searching the rogue Venator's quarters. Asti allowed a quick glance about the room in assistance, but mostly stood by the door of the quarters to keep an eye on the hall, unconcerned with being seeing but wanting lots of notice if the investigation was discovered...

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#62 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

"Brennus!" Yggmindl hollered across the great hall. "Just what in all the hells happened that made all those sad folks I passed on my way in decide to derelict their duty?"

"Don't pretend you haven't seen the order falling apart," Brennus replied darkly. "We're still missing six Venatori. Everyone's turning on each other... That's why they left."

He crossed his arms. "I've been getting together what Venatori I can to aid in figuring out what's happening... and all Venator private quarters are open as part of the investigation. Your experience would be useful in getting to the bottom of all this."

---

Keva arched a brow at the Inquisition collar on the skinny little dog, but she scratched his ear when Bullseye nuzzled her leg... and while Maugrimm started eating, this Inquisition hound instead stared up at her pleadingly. Keva looked slightly miffed and shook her head at something, though Bullseye wasn't sure what. Hopefully not him. From the way she patted him on the head, she guessed he wasn't the problem.

"It's alright," she said with a shrug, kneeling to nudge the food bowl closer to Bullseye. "Go on and eat."

---

"Venator Daisy," Cyrus said calmly "it's good to see you again. I was wondering if you could answer some questions about the search for the Faustus Tome in Artorius."

Daisy gave a chuckle. "Ah, ye say that like it was some magical artifact. 'Twas just a book, in the end... But," she shrugged, "I'll answer any questions you might have."

---

In Caiden's room, Asti stood guard while Kate busied herself investigating the chest at the foot of the bed... and found it locked, with no obvious signs of a key anywhere. The lock was embedded into the wood itself, so it wouldn't be simple to break, unless she somehow had the strength to smash the entire top of the chest in.

Crestwell, meanwhile, hobbled over toward the alchemy table... but his crutch thudded on a floorboard with a hollow thunk that made him - and Kate - pause. Thudding it again, it still sounded hollow, unlike the rest of the floor. And the nails in the floorboard were loose.

It didn't take Kate long to find a hammer, in this room full of weapons and tools, and pry the board up. Underneath, they found a huge, heavy chest - this one unlocked. Throwing back the lid, they saw something else immensely organized stash of... Everything.

Firstly, there was alcohol. Loads of it. That wasn't the incriminating part, though it very clearly indicated an impressive problem. There were also potions - stacks of potions, some of which Crestwell and Asti both immediately identified as illegal and many of them very dangerous... and some he didn't recognize at all, which worried him even more.

Digging around further, they found a very beautiful set of syringes. All well-kept, unrusted, from what Crestwell could only guess was recent and frequent use, judging from the pristine condition Caiden kept his weapons in.

Lastly, as if they needed more than this, there were two books in the trunk as well: one on dark magic, curses, and demons - and the second on illegal potions, each one delicate from age. Kate recognized them as books that had long since been banned by the Inquisition, and all copies were meant to be turned over to the Inquisition around the time of the fall of Ildrius - countless ages before either of them were born.

---

"Then perhaps we should get going as soon as possible" Hollí suggested, taking advantage of the opening. "It is no short trek to Dragon's Lair, and—though the chance is unfortunately faint—if our missing comrades yet live, then time is very much of the essence."

Caiden nodded in agreement. But while everyone else gathered their bearings to leave, Krystia returned to the group- to put a hand on one of his arms. Caiden's eyebrows hiked up a good inch or two on his face as he instantly threw Krystia a look.

"I apologise for that. Lyneth had some.. important business to discuss." She pulled slightly. Gods only knew why.

He grunted. Krystia had no idea what that was supposed to mean, but he didn't sound mad, at least, right?

"So, Caiden," she continued in a fair approximation of Lyneth's more sultry tones, "I look forward to working with you. I'm sure you can show me so much."

He swallowed. Huffed, and she had no idea what that meant, either. When she tried squeezing his biceps and smiling, Caiden quirked a brow at her this time and said, "Right... Hopefully I can teach you something useful."

He glanced at her hand on his arm again, then gently reached over to detach it from its hold and unfolded his arms afterward. "We'd better get moving."

---

Soon thereafter, Holli, Auric, Agethar, Krystia, Araven, and Caiden - plus his unseen passenger - departed Castle Greywatch and made for Dragon's Lair.

---

"I've packed brains aplenty!" Sivan hollared to the assembled hunters "so brawns and bows will be needed on the road east!"

Keva, who had just reentered the room from feeding the dogs in the kitchen, promptly approached and gave him a nod. "If you need the help," she said, "I'll come."

Sivan knew this huntress: a woman from the Far South who'd seen more than her fair share of combat. Good with a bow and an experienced tracker. Occasionally, he'd heard her temper would get the better of her, but Sivan had never seen such events personally.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#63 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• 2,213 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:52 AM

"Don't pretend you haven't seen the order falling apart," Brennus replied darkly. "We're still missing six Venatori. Everyone's turning on each other... That's why they left."

"It's six now?" Yggmindl asked, brows knitting in concern, "Twas but four when I left... This is most unfortunate."

He crossed his arms. "I've been getting together what Venatori I can to aid in figuring out what's happening... and all Venator private quarters are open as part of the investigation. Your experience would be useful in getting to the bottom of all this."

"All quarters?" She asked, now starting to look suspicious, "So you're really suspecting it's another Venator doing them in? Or do you think it's worse, that someone inside the order is swifting away information to someone who wants the order to crumble?" The dwarf rubbed her chin in thought. "We may not always see eye to eye, Brennus, but I can't find fault with your reasoning. We've got to figure out what's really going on and put a stop to it."

Meanwhile, another Venator seemed to be rounding up volunteers, and after her conversation with Brennus was over, Yggmindl Stonecracker approached to find out what the man was planning. "Sivan, isn't it? Yggmindl Stonecracker. Not sure I remember imparting any training to you, but I did participate in making your trials course more dangerous." She shrugged and extended a hand, "So just where is it you intend to take this lot you're rounding up?"
*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#64 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:09 AM

It didn't take Kate long to find a hammer, in this room full of weapons and tools, and pry the board up. Underneath, they found a huge, heavy chest - this one unlocked. Throwing back the lid, they saw something else immensely organized stash of... Everything.

Crestwell frowned as he took in the veritable treasure trove of contraband in front of him.

"Well inquisitor, it looks like Voros has been keeping secrets." He eyed a couple of the bottles with distaste. "Cheap horse piss. The man has no class."

He sighed heavily at the pile of syringes. "These alone are enough to end his time as a Venator," he explained softly to Kate, gingerly picking one up and examining it. "It wasn't a decision I agreed with, but it's one that's pretty set in stone. Before your time I imagine, Asti."

He turned the syringe over in his hand. "I have no idea what's in this, and that's not a common position for me to be in."

He sighed again, and handed the Syringe to Asti. "Any ideas?"
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#65 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

"We'd better get moving."

Agethar followed the others as they moved out of the hall. As Maugrimm and Bullseye entered the room, the Venator whistle, and the hound left his new friend to join his master.]

(Transition to Dragon's Lair)

---

"Ah, ye say that like it was some magical artifact. 'Twas just a book, in the end... But, I'll answer any questions you might have."

"The questions are not about the Tome, but about Caiden of Redfield." Cyrus said "I and several members of our order are investigating him as a potential suspect."

Before Daisy could answer his question he added "We do not hold Caiden responsible for these deaths. However, he has been acting suspicious as of late, and any information you can offer us on his involvement in the search would be appreciated."

#66 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

"Sivan, isn't it? Yggmindl Stonecracker. Not sure I remember imparting any training to you, but I did participate in making your trials course more dangerous." She shrugged and extended a hand, "So just where is it you intend to take this lot you're rounding up?" 

Sivan could quite stifle the small smile that cracked open his face as he confidently accepted Stonecracker's hand. He of course knew of the older Venator, whose reputation as the other best known Venator from the Blackrock region had set a high bar for Sivan's personal standard. He was calmly pleased at the notion he may work with the dwarven huntress. 

"Halfway to our shared home-hills, it would seem. The hunters Silvius and Loke went missing near Kyjovia, the party would be headed there with haste and arms. If you're long for the road, your haste and arms would certainly be of help." By now Sivan had stowed away with his smile, and offered only the calm assurance of professionalism, just as he had done with Keva. Too rarely was friendliness confused for ill intent or infatuation when assembling parties, and Sivan had little use for either.

"These alone are enough to end his time as a Venator. It wasn't a decision I agreed with, but it's one that's pretty set in stone. Before your time I imagine, Asti. I have no idea what's in this, and that's not a common position for me to be in." He sighed again, and handed the Syringe to Asti. "Any ideas?" 

Asti spun the syringe in her hand once, observing the liquid rotate in the cylinder.

"Only a few options..." her voice somehow trailed without getting quieter, "...maybe I'll take a bit of the liquid with me to Kyjovia, with your blessing." She hoped his lack of opposition to the tools carried on to this day, though she did not intend to use it on herself. "If I can test it on field mice Sivan and I can tell you what's in them. We'd only need a little of each one we don't recognize...could be left and he wouldn't suspect it."

Edited by El Taco, 02 June 2018 - 07:41 PM.

#67 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:18 PM

((Sorry Poetic, realized you've probably been waiting on me, eheh...))

Lyneth didn’t have trouble spotting Athens’ table near the entrance of the kitchen, offering him a wave as she made her leisurely way over. Soon enough, she slid onto a seat adjacent to him.

“I hope you didn’t get too bored while I was gone.” She smiled, a hint of genuine apology somewhere in her voice and expression. “Krystia’s new to more than just one game, in case you hadn’t guessed.” She giggled, leaning her elbows on the table.

“Do you think there’s any chance Faceless McMask has busied himself elsewhere?” She redirected the subject with a chuckle. “I think I saw him wander off with another group… mybe we can slip away while he isn’t looking.” Lyneth grinned, only partly joking. She was more than happy to have a piece like Athens all to herself.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#68 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• 2,213 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:00 AM

"If you're long for the road, your haste and arms would certainly be of help." Sivan offered.

"Been long on the road already, and can't say as I don't long for a meal and a nap," Yggmindl shrugged, "But if you're hurting for more hands, I may join you yet. Firstly, however, I'd prefer to catch up with my old friend Crestwell, if he hadn't given up the ghost and shuffled off this mortal coil in my absence... Any idea where he may be lurking about?"
*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#69 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

"Been long on the road already, and can't say as I don't long for a meal and a nap," Yggmindl shrugged, "But if you're hurting for more hands, I may join you yet. Firstly, however, I'd prefer to catch up with my old friend Crestwell, if he hadn't given up the ghost and shuffled off this mortal coil in my absence... Any idea where he may be lurking about?" 

"Luckily for us all, Crestwell lives on. He disappeared with my partner for some immediate business...I imagine he'll join us shortly." Though the open access to the rooms was broadly known, there was no reason to send anyone to disturb Crestwell in the midst of an investigation.

#70 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

"Only a few options..." Asti's voice somehow trailed without getting quieter, "...maybe I'll take a bit of the liquid with me to Kyjovia, with your blessing. If I can test it on field mice Sivan and I can tell you what's in them. We'd only need a little of each one we don't recognize...could be left and he wouldn't suspect it."

Crestwell nodded softly with approval. "A good idea. I'd be reluctant to throw the boy to the wolves over syringes alone if the contents were harmless." As unlikely as that felt right now.

He gently lifted the two books out from their hiding place.

"I never took Voros for a scholar. Never came across either of these before." He gazed at the potion book with a hint of longing before turning to more magical volume, flicking though a few pages. "This certainly fits your friend's tale, inquisitor. I'd be very interested to know how he got it."

#71 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:58 PM

"The questions are not about the Tome, but about Caiden of Redfield." Cyrus said "I and several members of our order are investigating him as a potential suspect."

Daisy frowned thoughtfully, until Cyrus appended, "We do not hold Caiden responsible for these deaths. However, he has been acting suspicious as of late, and any information you can offer us on his involvement in the search would be appreciated."

She shrugged. "His involvement was only that he helped us look for the tome, and we found it. Not much t' say beyond that. I wasn't with 'im the entire time, though - a lot of us split up early on, and we only met up in Artorius after the tome was found there. When we got there, he'd just finished takin' a bolt in the back fer one of our own, 'cause if he can't find a shield to protect someone else with, he just throws 'imself in the way instead. That's the only significant involvement o' his that I'm aware of."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#72 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,500 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

"It's alright," she said with a shrug, kneeling to nudge the food bowl closer to Bullseye. "Go on and eat."

That was all Bullseye needed.  He fell to consuming the gifted meal, tearing into the roast with gleeful enthusiasm. Once finished, he panted a few times in glee, savoring the warm fullness his happy little belly now felt.  He nuzzled new friend Maugrimm and Keva once more on her way out, then went looking for mistress. She hadn’t whistled for him yet, but it helped to be close by when she did.

---

"Well inquisitor, it looks like Voros has been keeping secrets." He eyed a couple of the bottles with distaste. "Cheap horse piss. The man has no class."

Kate opened one of the bottles, sniffed the contents, then wrinkled her nose in disgust.  “I’m definitely with ya there, Crestwell.”

He sighed heavily at the pile of syringes. "These alone are enough to end his time as a Venator," he explained softly to Kate, gingerly picking one up and examining it. "It wasn't a decision I agreed with, but it's one that's pretty set in stone. Before your time I imagine, Asti."

He turned the syringe over in his hand. "I have no idea what's in this, and that's not a common position for me to be in."

Kate interjected, “Well hey, if he’s shooting it up instead of drinking it, that’d explain why he doesn’t care about the quality.  Alcohol’s a good potion...whatsit...right?”

He sighed again, and handed the Syringe to Asti. "Any ideas?"

"Only a few options..." her voice somehow trailed without getting quieter, "...maybe I'll take a bit of the liquid with me to Kyjovia, with your blessing." She hoped his lack of opposition to the tools carried on to this day, though she did not intend to use it on herself. "If I can test it on field mice Sivan and I can tell you what's in them. We'd only need a little of each one we don't recognize...could be left and he wouldn't suspect it."

Crestwell nodded softly with approval. "A good idea. I'd be reluctant to throw the boy to the wolves over syringes alone if the contents were harmless." As unlikely as that felt right now.

Kate replaced the cork and set the bottle she’d sniffed on the floor.  “Might wanna let someone else in leadership know that’s why you have the syringe, though.  I know you Venatori aren’t as regimented as Inquisitors like me, but if there’s to be any criminal charges in this investigation, accountability’s gonna be critical.  Especially if this Voros character just points fingers back at you while you’ve got his syringe in your pocket.”

"I never took Voros for a scholar. Never came across either of these before." He gazed at the potion book with a hint of longing before turning to the more magical volume, flicking through a few pages. "This certainly fits your friend's tale, inquisitor. I'd be very interested to know how he got it."

Meliora crouched and peered over his shoulder, saw the tome he was examining, then hooted, “OHOHOhohohoho, so would I!  That book is VERY illegal.”  She rudely reached over to flip a page.  “Not just ‘put you in jail’ illegal, but ‘get your family and friends interrogated’ illegal.  There’s a list of books the very first Inquisitors collected after spanking the mage emperor, and that there is one of them.”

She then rapidly straightened up and rushed to the door, peeking over the railing.  A group of Venatori were already heading out, presumably to start their search. “All this evidence might have to wait, though, if Voros is in that group that’s leaving now.”  She looked at her fellow searchers and pointed at the outgoing party.  “Crestwell, have ya got a safe place to keep all these so we can confront him later?  I don’t want to risk him sneaking back and hiding or destroying it, if he gets wind of us finding it like we did.”

The Inquisitor then replaced her helm, business and resolve in her eyes.  “All this is damn incriminating, but not tied to the disappearances, as far as I can tell.  If this Voros chap has bad habits and choice of reading material, we still need to find out what happened to Silvius and the others.  There may be a connection, there might not be, but I doubt we’ll find it by staring at these knick-knacks. Best to secure them and see if Voros is dumb enough to come back.  Hells, if your missing people are still alive, maybe I’ll play nice and let you lot sort out the tome smuggling and potion-sticking internally.” She smirked playfully, clearly wanting to get on the move.

It was at this time that Bullseye found her, sitting down by her heel and huffing to add dramatic effect to...whatever she had just said.  He had not really heard the conversation, or understood what he had picked up, but it seemed appropriate.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#73 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

"His involvement was only that he helped us look for the tome, and we found it. Not much t' say beyond that. I wasn't with 'im the entire time, though - a lot of us split up early on, and we only met up in Artorius after the tome was found there. When we got there, he'd just finished takin' a bolt in the back fer one of our own, 'cause if he can't find a shield to protect someone else with, he just throws 'imself in the way instead. That's the only significant involvement o' his that I'm aware of."

"Thank you," Cyrus said "This information will be useful."

However, as he moved on to Jed and Forge, he wasn't so sure. It was true that Caiden's reputation was legendary, but him being a good person wouldn't save him here.

"Greetings," Cyrus said as he reached the Elf twins "I was wondering if you could answer some questions about the search for the Faustus Tome in Artorius."

#74 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:37 AM

"Crestwell, have ya got a safe place to keep all these so we can confront him later? I don't want to risk him sneaking back and hiding or destroying it, if he gets wind of us finding it like we did."

Crestwell nodded. "Good idea. I'm not foolish enough to leave this in my own quarters though."

The group quickly yet cautiously carried the chest back through to the study, where it was hidden from view behind some large, rarely touched books.

Crestwell ran his hand along a shelf across the room, then walked over and sprinkled the collected dust over the disturbed books.

"That should sell it."

With that, they departed.

#75 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

Might wanna let someone else in leadership know that’s why you have the syringe, though.  I know you Venatori aren’t as regimented as Inquisitors like me, but if there’s to be any criminal charges in this investigation, accountability’s gonna be critical.  Especially if this Voros character just points fingers back at you while you’ve got his syringe in your pocket.”

And Asti did just that. After quietly agreeing to meet with Crestwell on the road with Sivan, Asti spent her last few moments in the castle seeking out Brennus, whose seniority she respected, if his authority she did not recognize.

"Caiden's kitchen is stocked. Crestwell and I are going to test the mystery ingredients, and should someone make a fuss about what we have our hands on, we'll need you to vouch for us." In the interest of transparency, she freely opened her cloak to privately display Caiden's mysterious liquids to Brennus.

#76 Poetic

Poetic

Keeper of Secrets

• Nova Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

((No worries. I had exams, so I needed some time away from writing.))

Athens had finished his meal while he had waited patiently for Lyneth. He was in no rush to reunite with his companion, they would have plenty of time together on this quest. As he spotted Lyneth, he quickly wiped the corners of his mouth and smiled as she sat across from him.

“I hope you didn’t get too bored while I was gone.” She smiled, a hint of genuine apology somewhere in her voice and expression. “Krystia’s new to more than just one game, in case you hadn’t guessed.” She giggled, leaning her elbows on the table

"And you decided to give her some advice, did you?" Athens smirked playfully. "She's after quite difficult game, but we can let her track him if she wants," he said, but noticed her attempt to chance the subject from rugged yet gentle Caiden and his unobtainable affection.

“Do you think there’s any chance Faceless McMask has busied himself elsewhere?” She redirected the subject with a chuckle. “I think I saw him wander off with another group… maybe we can slip away while he isn’t looking.” Lyneth grinned.

"I believe I did as well. By any matter, I say we pack up and get saddled, make our way out of these grim surroundings... I'd like something new." Athens said with an air of enticement. "Could we pack what we need, and leave before the hour? Of course, if you'd like to take your time, I'm in no rush." He offered politely. Athens knew that the best game was earned patiently, and Lyneth was a prize worth waiting for.

64a00586gw1emine46g7pg209q05gu0z.gif

​"Keep running."

#77 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,500 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:09 AM

"Caiden's kitchen is stocked. Crestwell and I are going to test the mystery ingredients, and should someone make a fuss about what we have our hands on, we'll need you to vouch for us." In the interest of transparency, she freely opened her cloak to privately display Caiden's mysterious liquids to Brennus.

Brennus’ eyes narrowed upon seeing the syringe.  “Good work, but keep this very quiet,” he warned.  “Redfield has already left with another group, and for now he seems intent on helping us find our missing hunters.  I shall have to let him do so, but confront him about this once he returns.”

Kate and Crestwell made their way back down the stairs at this time, and Brennus looked over at where Sivan was chatting with Yggmindi.  He then told Asti, “We should go get your partner. Silvius and Loke were the last to disappear, so there is no time to waste in finding them.”

When they did so, both Venatori managed to overhear Sivan tell the dwarven smith, "Luckily for us all, Crestwell lives on. He disappeared with my partner for some immediate business...I imagine he'll join us shortly."

Brennus approached him and Yggmindi and interjected, “That business remains immediate, but both of you are welcome to join him.  That Inquisitor seems truly willing to help us...in her own, abrasive way...but Crestwell will need help keeping her in check, I can feel it.  Do what you can for him.”

With that, barring any other business or conversations, the group proceeded to Brookpasture.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#78 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:09 AM

"And you decided to give her some advice, did you?" Athens smirked playfully. Lyneth shrugged innocently, curling a lock of hair around her finger idly. "She's after quite difficult game, but we can let her track him if she wants," he said, but noticed her attempt to chance the subject from rugged yet gentle Caiden and his unobtainable affection.

"I believe I did as well. By any matter, I say we pack up and get saddled, make our way out of these grim surroundings... I'd like something new." Athens said with an air of enticement. "Could we pack what we need, and leave before the hour? Of course, if you'd like to take your time, I'm in no rush." He offered politely. Athens knew that the best game was earned patiently, and Lyneth was a prize worth waiting for.

Lyneth looked quite amused by Athens’ excitement, giggling at the sudden proposition. “Well, no one else has come by to join us… I suppose we can take a little trip on our ownsome, then.” She winked, leaning against the table. “I’ve still got my gear packed in my room from my last hunt, I’ll be ready to go when you are.” Brys grinned, feeling the familiar thrill of going out into the field with a handsome male partner for gods knew how long.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#79 Poetic

Poetic

Keeper of Secrets

• Nova Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 12:55 AM

“Well, no one else has come by to join us… I suppose we can take a little trip on our ownsome, then.” She winked, leaning against the table. “I’ve still got my gear packed in my room from my last hunt, I’ll be ready to go when you are.” Brys grinned.

"I'm more than ready. I've been dying to get out of here..." Athens replied, before he leaned over the table and gave Lyneth a light peck on her cheek. "I won't be gone a minute." He said with a smile, before he stood up from the table and exited the kitchen and made for his quarters. Athens had most of his belongings together, and only needed to secure his weapons before returning to Lyneth.

"I think we'd better make off before any stragglers try tagging along, don't you agree?" Athens said, as if she would want it any other way. Still, he loved the way she curled her hair around her finger when she looked at him, and it seemed that playing the fool could make her giggle. Regardless, he was ready to hunt alongside his lovely new companion.

((I think with that, we can move onto Fort Slaughter. Burgs?))

64a00586gw1emine46g7pg209q05gu0z.gif

​"Keep running."

#80 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

"Greetings," Cyrus said as he reached the Elf twins "I was wondering if you could answer some questions about the search for the Faustus Tome in Artorius."

Jed and Forge exchanged looks. "Oh, you wanna?" asked one - he had no idea which, they took extra care to make sure they were impossible to tell apart.

"What d'you wanna ask?"

"About Caiden, aye?"

"Probably one of those blokes who's suspectin' him."

"Probably jealous," they said in unison - and then they winked painfully obviously at each other - then both of them grinned at him. "In all fairness, though, mate, what d'you need?"

((Will have a Fort Slaughter zone for Burgs and Poetic up very soon - keep an eye out, you two!))

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users