NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Road's End

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

I think I'd like to continue playing Turbati, if that's okay.

Oh, and yes.

Edited by Halicon, 05 June 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#102 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm in.

Though I guess Lynaia would have to be retconned as a wood elf now, since shadow elves were removed from the setting.  :P

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#103 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'd probably continue with my character...

Posted Image

Thanks to Burngirl for the Sig.

#104 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Wow, less than a day and already I've heard back from 7 out of 9! Thanks for the overwhelming support guys, I know it's not easy to recommit to something like this. I'm still waiting on Ouflah and Horatius, but I'll probably just shoot them a couple of PMs to let them know what's going on. If they're unavailable we can go on without them. Anyone who is interested in making a new character can post one in the sign up topic at their leisure, just keep in mind that the party is in the middle of nowhere at the moment, and that introducing new characters at this point might require a bit of storytelling to explain why and how they're out there.

Posted Image

#105 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:41 PM

First I need to decide who to play as... still thinking about it. :P I'll probably have something up tonight or sometime tomorrow.

But if I take longer, I'll continue playing as Kragnar until I come up with someone new. Whenever I do, feel free to brutally murder Kragnar however you please; I don't care.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#106 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

I'm still waiting on Ouflah and Horatius, 

Since I have enough PMs already... :P

So I did enjoy this RP quite a bit. It really all depends on when it starts up again. If it starts up again in a few days, then I don't think I'll be able to (just too busy). But if it's more like a week or two, then I should be able to post adequately.

Or alternatively, I could see if my character lives long enough for a week or two to pass, (as unlikely as that is) and if he does then I'll hop in.

Edited by Ouflah, 07 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#107 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

Well then...we almost have consensus.

#108 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm gonna PM Horatius. I'm a bit unsure when to start this up again, since Wolfy and Surtur want to make new characters, and we're relatively close to the point in the RP where I could potentially introduce them. Do the two of you guys have ideas in mind, as in, could you come up with new characters within the next week or so?

Posted Image

#109 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

I'm gonna PM Horatius. I'm a bit unsure when to start this up again, since Wolfy and Surtur want to make new characters, and we're relatively close to the point in the RP where I could potentially introduce them. Do the two of you guys have ideas in mind, as in, could you come up with new characters within the next week or so?

You want it, you got it! I have a lot of free time this week so Ill get one up within the next few days!

#110 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

I'd like to join in if it's okay. You're a wicked writer Muffo, and if you have me, I would love to be a part of this RP.

gdV21HZ.gif

#111 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

Uh...yeah, sure, that'd be cool. Great. The sign up topic is up already, so anyone who wants to introduce a new character should post it there.

Posted Image

#112 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

So we just post our sign-ups here, is that what you mean? :P

I recently had the sudden desire to attempt a much less friendly RP character, since those are a thing I rarely do. Right now I'm considering an incredibly stuck-up and holier-than-thou elf. Should have him up soonish, if my stupid satellite internet will cooperate.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#113 Koenig

Koenig

I think something should go here.

• 521 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

So new people are allowed to join in, huh?

In that case, I may just consider signing-up for this.

Winning boss battles with throwing knives since 2013.

#114 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

You have no idea how hard it was to limit the bio to 10 sentences like your sign-up sheet asked for :P

Spoiler

Name: Anna Ellington
Race: Human - Imperial
Affinity: Clay

Appearance: Standing at about 5'7", Anna is taller than most other women but is still shorter than most men. She has blindingly-green eyes and amber hair, usually wearing it up in a braid to keep it from getting in the way.
Skills: If Anna resembled any sort of archetype of an adventurer, it would be the rogue. Light and quick on her feet, Anna is stealthy and agile. While she doesn't dual wield knives or have a bag of dirty tricks, she has great acrobatics and flexibility. She has been known to pick locks, mainly to break out of her manor, and has a silver tongue to get out of trickier situations.
Magic: None.
Weapons: A simple steel shortsword.
Armor: A suit of leather armor pictured above.

Origins: Raised in the manor of a local lord, Anna lived her childhood in the Golden Kingdom - more specifically, the city of Caltha. Being the prosperous region of Achaea that it was, Anna lived a peaceful but boring and sheltered life. Even when she turned 18, her father - Count Ellington - refused to let her to leave the manor, much less the city. Needless to say, she grew rebellious and snuck herself out many times to see Caltha for herself and have some fun.

While being taught royal politics and manners at home, the captain of the guard secretly taught her the way of the sword at her request. All the while, Lady Ellington sought a husband for their daughter, and thus made Anna's hand in marriage the prize of the next Colosseum's gladiator games. Anna would have none of this and, the night before the competition, snuck out of the city in search of adventure. Being holed up in the manor made her wish to see the world, and with her decent sword skills, persuasive abilities, and rogue-like movements, the captain of the guard let her go in secret. He trusted she could handle herself and that she needed to see the countryside if she were to rule justly one day, and allowed her passage as she made her way into the North.

She currently is avoiding her parents' soldiers who aim to return her to Caltha, and as such, has begun her adventuring in less populated places, such as the forest further North of the city.

Edited by Surtur, 08 June 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#115 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

So we just post our sign-ups here, is that what you mean? :P

Er...yes. Thank you.

So new people are allowed to join in, huh?

In that case, I may just consider signing-up for this.

Go for it! Always good to have new faces, though I may need to rethink my strategy for introducing all these guys!

You have no idea how hard it was to limit the bio to 10 sentences like your sign-up sheet asked for :P

Well, that wasn't meant to be taken too literally! The sign up looks good. Maybe she and Halicon's character will be friends.

Posted Image

#116 Koenig

Koenig

I think something should go here.

• 521 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

cu-chu-j2381.jpg

Name: Finn Halfdan
Race: Human - Northman
Affinity: Frost

Appearance: As in picture. Tall with red hair.
Skills: Finn is an excellent swordsman. Which comes through many years of practice with his tribe. He is used to surviving the elements on his own, and is skilled at cooking; foraging; tracking; and shelter making.
Magic: None.
Weapons: As in picture. Sword, spear, and shield.
Armor: As in picture.

Origins: Born on a cold winter morning to a small tribe in northern Northrim, Finn became used to hardships at a very early age. Just like his father, Finn was trained to become a skilled warrior. With a sword, spear, or whatever weapon he might find himself with in the midst of a battle. It didn't take long for this training to come in handy. When he was still young, his village was attacked by a neighboring tribe.

They left Finn's village a burning heap. Finn himself was one of but a few survivors who managed to escape. He wandered the country-side for several months. At first his hatred of the other tribe nearly led him to attack them all-by himself. But he soon came to his senses and realized doing so would be useless. Instead he began to work as a mercenary warrior for other neighboring tribes.

Years passed, and though his work saw no shortage, Finn began to look for something different. As soon as his current contract was finished, he left. Not quite sure what for. Perhaps an adventure. Or perhaps a disaster.

Edited by Koenig, 12 June 2013 - 01:49 AM.

Winning boss battles with throwing knives since 2013.

#117 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Spoiler

Name: Tyrrik Kelinci
Race: Imperial
Affinity: Earth

Appearance:

(I was going for Kikuchiyo from the Seven Samurai in regards to facial appearance).

The most notable feature about Tyrrik is his right eye which is constantly covered by a brown leather eye patch. Tyrrik's eye is not missing but rendered useless as it has been burned. Parts of the right side of his face make it appear as if his skin were like melting wax dripping from the candle. His useless eye is white with the lens is exposed and has turned into a cataract. He has a neatly trimmed mustache and a goatee to match. His sideburns reach his jawline.

From his left elbow down, his skin has the texture and appearance of bark from a pine tree. The skin on his arm is very hard and very rigid making it difficult for him to move his wrist and fingers. His nails have grown long and jagged. Whenever he moves his wrist or fingers after a long period of disuse, sounds akin to snapping branches are heard.
Skills: Tyrrik is a tracker able to follow the trail of human beings to the wisps of the supernatural.
Magic: None
Weapons:

• A tarwar which he regularly uses.
  • A kukri strapped to the small of his back with the handle facing the right side.
  • Sadaka

Sadaka is the name of the sword cursed with the soul of a sanguine demon. A silver blade made with a steel core, the weapon is used against the supernatural as well as against the Shifter species. Using the blade harms the user slowly causing their body to turn into 'corruption'. With continual use, the corruption will reach the heart. At that point the afflicted will fall into a coma as their body rapidly transforms into corruption. In seven days the victim's body will be petrified. There currently is no cure for the corruption.
Armor:

Armour is composed of a simple leather material protecting the torso. Metal greaves, gloves, and thigh plates are the only adequate protection Tyrrik has.

Origins:

Tyrrik hails from the city of Caltha. He made a living as peace keeper upholding the law of the land. Upon investigating a series of murders, Tyrrik came across a battle between a sanguine demon and a magi. Before her defeat, the magi cast a spell which would bound the demon's soul to an object. In the heat of fear induced action, he grabbed the magi's sword and plunged it into the demon's chest. Thus, Sadaka was born. The blade is an evil object which corrupts the user overtime. By the order of higher authorities, Tyrrik set forth onto the world to find a way of permanently destroying the blade.

The cursed law enforcer traveled all over the world from the southern lands to the eastern kingdoms. His journey having taken a large toll on him as well as endangering him along the way. It was in the east where he had purchased the blades which he uses regularly. It is also in the east where he was locked in battle with a fire breathing creature which took the right side of his face, creating a horrid disfigurement.

gdV21HZ.gif

#118 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

...there goes any hope I had for a replacement dwarf buddy. :P

Edited by Burger Warrior, 08 June 2013 - 08:18 PM.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#119 Horatius

Horatius

I am smarter in the books

• Nova Member
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

I forgot about Karrel and Road's End! Thanks for the reminder, and I'd love to continue.

Then out spake brave Horatius,

The Captain of the Gate:

"To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late.

And how can man die better

Than facing fearful odds,

For the ashes of his fathers,

And the temples of his gods."

#120 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

Cool. Cool cool cool. I'll be out on Sunday but I'll definitely have this up between Monday and Wednesday. If you're entering a new character, get them in by then.

@Koenig: Just let me know when you fill things out.

@Klaykid: The only problem I really have with the sign up is the weapons, and not the magical one either. It's the eastern weapons. They're fine, but the character would have had to make the journey to the east to get them, which is a significant trip and should at the very least be mentioned in the character's bio.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users