LotR

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#1 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:21 PM

Yes, it's still at least two years away, barring unforseen delays.

So, here's PJ's Vlog, in which we see the sets, camera shy concept artists (Which I can attest to.), some Un-concept art, dwarves, gandalf, Bag End, Gollum, a tribal welcome, and more.

Also, Peter Jackson's wearing pants. That's just weird.

Edited by Sleighbell-Scorpion, 24 December 2014 - 10:04 AM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#2 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

Yes, it's still at least two years away, barring unforseen delays.

So, here's PJ's Vlog, in which we see the sets, camera shy concept artists (Which I can attest to.), some Un-concept art, dwarves, gandalf, Bag End, Gollum, a tribal welcome, and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2m2x8qJcGQ&feature=player_embedded

Also, Peter Jackson's wearing pants. That's just weird.

I thought they stopped making this movie. And I thought Guillermo del Torro was making it. :wacko:

But hopefully they'll make it just as good as the Two Towers, slightly better than Return of the King and a lot better than Fellowship of the RIng :P. At least that's my opinion.

~ Golden-Star

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:14 PM

Ohhh, I got chills when I heard the LotR music and saw those sets again. :wub:

Also, I see you, Graham McTavish! You can't hide from me, you giant of a man dwarf! :lol: What're you doing out of LA so (relatively) early into Uncharted 3's production!? :P Kidding, kidding...

I actually already know all that stuff because Nolan North talked about it in an interview. I just had to point out the greatness of Zoran Lazarevic from Uncharted 2 (and/or Cutter from Uncharted 3, although he's got nothin' on Lazarevic). The fact that Graham McTavish is playing a dwarf in The Hobbit (Dwalin, to be exact) just makes me fangirl. It's just so awesome! Posted Image

This is great. :D Thanks for posting it, Richard.

Of course, the things that they said and the tours they gave of the different areas of the studios and such only reminded me how much I'd love to be involved in a big movie project like that, but nonetheless, it was very inspiring. :P The sets and costumes look great so far - here's hoping The Hobbit lives up to the other three LotR films... at least better than Return of the King, which was definitely my least favorite...

Don't be hating on Fellowship of the Ring, though, Golden-Star! D: That was actually my favorite one, I think. I also loved The Two Towers, but I liked how Fellowship of the Ring was closer to the characters (I know that was supposed to change later since the battle for Middle-Earth began and all that, but still you get the idea).

P.S.: Yes, I am excited. What of it?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73PHdQX04&feature=related

So yeah, I really think they gave the role of Bilbo to the right person. Martin Freeman is one of the few people who's got the "Hobbit look". If you've seen The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, you'll know what I mean.

But I'm a bit concerned about how they'll pull off things like the talking spiders. I just hope they don't give any simian mouths to them (or, even worse, Smaug). However, this is Peter Jackson we're dealing with here, so I'm not really that concerned.

#5 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

However, this is Peter Jackson we're dealing with here, so I'm not really that concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfkHkdu5IEI

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#6 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

^^What the heck was that? The death of Father Ted in the zombie wars?^^

Anyways, I'm excited! Even if it is still 2 years away. I'm glad it looks and feels so much like the trilogy, and I'm confident it'll be pretty awesome. I'd love to be a camera-shy concept artist for this movie. Shame they blurred out all the costume designs...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#7 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

Ohhh, I got chills when I heard the LotR music and saw those sets again. :wub:

Also, I see you, Graham McTavish! You can't hide from me, you giant of a man dwarf! :lol: What're you doing out of LA so (relatively) early into Uncharted 3's production!? :P Kidding, kidding...

I actually already know all that stuff because Nolan North talked about it in an interview. I just had to point out the greatness of Zoran Lazarevic from Uncharted 2 (and/or Cutter from Uncharted 3, although he's got nothin' on Lazarevic). The fact that Graham McTavish is playing a dwarf in The Hobbit (Dwalin, to be exact) just makes me fangirl. It's just so awesome! Posted Image

This is great. :D Thanks for posting it, Richard.

Of course, the things that they said and the tours they gave of the different areas of the studios and such only reminded me how much I'd love to be involved in a big movie project like that, but nonetheless, it was very inspiring. :P The sets and costumes look great so far - here's hoping The Hobbit lives up to the other three LotR films... at least better than Return of the King, which was definitely my least favorite...

Don't be hating on Fellowship of the Ring, though, Golden-Star! D: That was actually my favorite one, I think. I also loved The Two Towers, but I liked how Fellowship of the Ring was closer to the characters (I know that was supposed to change later since the battle for Middle-Earth began and all that, but still you get the idea).

P.S.: Yes, I am excited. What of it?

Werewolf, This is my same thought on this too, interesting, and Hey Did anyone love hearing the Hobbit music play again, I smiled, and was very happy to hear and see old hobbit places again.

#8 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:55 AM

I enjoyed the Fellowship most of all as well. Classic adventure party is classic. Just because it didn't have super big epic battles didn't change the fact that it was beyond awesome.

But I liked Return of the King too, and the Two Towers, and I can't really say I dislike any of the films. And like you said, I hope it is as good or better than the three films. I actually think I enjoyed the book more than than the other three. Simpler and funner. But I love them all of course.

#9 Fenris

Fenris

• 1,476 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:47 AM

Two Towers still has the most epic opening scene to date. End of story.

I can't really choose between the Fellowship and the Towers, really. They're my two most favourite movies, with the Return of the King coming second. I never really compare them with the books, though. PJ would have to make nine movies to cover all the greatness written on paper.

Oh right, the Hobbit. I sincerely hope they make the elves a bit more jolly singing pranksters that laugh at the dwarves and gets drunk!

#10 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,971 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:13 AM

Two Towers still has the most epic opening scene to date. End of story.

I can't really choose between the Fellowship and the Towers, really. They're my two most favourite movies, with the Return of the King coming second. I never really compare them with the books, though. PJ would have to make nine movies to cover all the greatness written on paper.

Oh right, the Hobbit. I sincerely hope they make the elves a bit more jolly singing pranksters that laugh at the dwarves and gets drunk!

Agreed, on all points.

I remember seeing the opening of the Two Towers in theaters. I don't think I've ever been as stoked for a movie as I was then. I think I like Fellowship the best overall, but it's about tied with Two Towers, which also had the best epic fight scenes. Uruk-Hai > Mordor Orcs.

Hopefully I'll feel the same way about the Hobbit. It has the potential to be awesome, especially if they do the dragon right. I'm also hoping the Wargs look like actual wolves and not hyena monsters this time. I never did like those warg designs.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#11 Tyrannical Tim

Tyrannical Tim

SCREW ALL YA'LL IT I'M OUT YO

• 1,070 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:00 AM

Leonard Nimoy rumored for Smaug?

Yes please :3
RIP Brave Members of the 2/29/12 bombing.
Posted Image

#12 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:21 AM

I'd prefer Christopher Lee >_>

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#13 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• Nova Member
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

They had to go and throw the melody of Concerning Hobbits in there, didn't they? I didn't plan on shedding a tear today, even if it was a decidedly happy tear. :')

I absolutely cannot wait for this; I love the LotR books and films almost as much as I love Star Wars, and that's saying something. I'm also one of the rare people who read The Hobbit before the trilogy. I first reead it when I was 8, and sure, I didn't catch a whole lot of things back then, but since then I've re-read it innumerable times, and it is definitely my favourite of the Middle-earth novels. So seeing this movie finally being put in to production means a lot to me. This is going to be awesome.

Heh, I remember hearing rumors of the maiking of this movie since 2004. It and the Halo movie have always been very elusive film projects (and related to Peter Jackson).

#14 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:48 AM

Oh, I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I knew someone just had to make The Hobbit after the amazingness of Lord of the Rings! Although, I will say I love the old animated movie of the Hobbit from the 70s.

Posted Image

Still, I'm pretty stoked for it!

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#15 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

What the CRAP, where you hear that Tim.

#16 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,205 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73PHdQX04&feature=related

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#17 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

I'd prefer Christopher Lee >_>

Well, he's already reprising as Saruman.

#18 Tyrannical Tim

Tyrannical Tim

SCREW ALL YA'LL IT I'M OUT YO

• 1,070 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

What the CRAP, where you hear that Tim.

Leonard Nimoy, David Tennant, and some others are rumored to play as characters.
RIP Brave Members of the 2/29/12 bombing.
Posted Image

#19 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,209 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

I dunno who could voice Smaug... any of those great actors with a ridiculously awesome voices that you guys mentioned would work. :P Although to be honest, I'm not sure if Leonard Nimoy is the best choice anymore (maybe in the past), but I'm sure he'd do a great job nonetheless.

One big thing I'm thinking right now is this: they'd better get someone bloody magnificent to play Bard, the random dude who
Spoiler

Because... seriously. He needs to be someone amazing. Someone will probably happen along and say, "No he doesn't," but that won't help anything. If he isn't someone at least on the "pretty cool" scale of awesomeness, I'll be very sad.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#20 Fenris

Fenris

• 1,476 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:00 AM

I've always imagined David Warner voicing Smaug, but anyway...

Yeah, they need someone awesome for Bard. And Beorn.

Also, Robert Downey Jr should totally star as one of the dwarves!

Edited by Fenris, 15 April 2011 - 11:01 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LotR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users