The Video Game News Thread

• Please log in to reply
7650 replies to this topic

#7641 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:19 PM

This guy SonicFox seems like good people. He's so hilariously nervous he can barely even string a sentence together :P

PUBG has a new map. I was under the impression that PUBG was about as ancient as the pyramids at this point and all the cool kids had moved on to Fortnite, but what do I know?

I think it's time for Weezer to introduce the live Devil Trigger performance, you guys.

FRUSTRATION IS GETTING BIGGER

EDIT - World premiere announcement from Bioware, and I know it's never going to be Mass Effect, and I know even if it was Mass Effect I shouldn't get hyped, but I still get hyped anyway. It's a CG trailer for a new Dragon Age, anyway. Oh well.

#7642 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

MANGOS

• Nova Member
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:39 PM

uKYqA9I.png

JUST ONE MORE AWARD ARTHUR, HAVE SOME FAITH I TOLD YOU I HAVE A PLAN

#7643 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

This guy SonicFox seems like good people. He's so hilariously nervous he can barely even string a sentence together :P

For the most part, yeah. Some people consider him a bit obnoxious with the fur suit and all, especially when he plays his sets in it with the helmet on and all. Other than that he's alright. He started on the scene with Skullgirls iirc, but he mainly competes in NetherRealm Studios games and DBFZ currently. He's won 4 EVOs for Injustice, Mortal Kombat X, and Dragon Ball. It's kinda scary how much he dominates in whatever game he decides to compete in. Absolutely one of USA's best players in general.

#7644 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

Hey guys just so you know you shouldn't vape because it makes you four times more likely to start smoking for real, check out my zine.

EDIT - Live music from RDR2. If they suddenly break out into the house building theme I'm going to lose it. "WEEEEELL LEMME HAVE A RULE AN' A SAW AN' A BOARD AN' AH'LL CUUUUUT IT!"

EDIT - Here's that isometric pixel-art Stranger Things beat'em-up you all asked for. Ed Boon has a trailer for Mortal Kombat XI, and there's a new Psychonauts 2 trailer too.

#7645 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:02 PM

Interesting song choice, Ed.

#7646 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:08 PM

Phil Spencer is here to announce a DMC5 demo coming TOMORROW, exclusive to Xbox (for the time being, I'm assuming). And now the DMC5 V trailer!

How does this game look so good?

We've just sailed past the two hour mark and there is no end in sight to this show.

EDIT - Corey Barlog wins Best Director for Dad of Boi.

#7647 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,865 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:29 PM

Man, the the wallets of preteen parents really vote at these things, huh? 

#7648 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

Surprise Persona 5 announcement?

Is it a Switch port?

EDIT - Joker from Persona 5 is the first Smash Ultimate DLC character. I hope there is a Persona 5 Switch port some day, because I'm never going to get through that game sat in front of my TV. At least on the Switch I could just chip away at it here and there.

Here's the full DMC5 trailer:

God of War wins Game of the Year.

#7649 ABSplastic

ABSplastic

MANGOS

• Nova Member
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

God of War

MMSOXmL.jpg

DUTCH I INSIST WE DO BETTER

#7650 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:53 PM

MMSOXmL.jpg

DUTCH I INSIST WE DO BETTER

YOU... INSIST!?

Well, that was that. Metroid Prime 4 was a conspicuous no-show, and I guess Hideki Kamiya was just there to watch the show, but that wasn't too bad. This whole thing gets more like a real Hollywood awards show every year, for better and worse. More professional, but also more long-winded. Oh well, not too bad. I'm going to be playing a DMC5 demo within hours, so I can't complain.

#7651 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 8,023 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:52 PM

Here's a quick roundup of some TGA stuff:

Rage 2:

Far Cry New Dawn:

Persona 5's Joker in Smash Ultimate:

Dragon Age: The Dread Wolf Rises:

The Pathless, from the makers of Abzu, your requisite great-looking indie game:

2 user(s) are reading this topic