Photo

Poll - First Adrift Campaign

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: First Adrift Campaign

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which campaign would you prefer? (see post for details on each before you vote!)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which species would you prefer to play as?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What kind of setting(s) would you prefer?

What kind of genre would you like to play?

Would you like to play something more heavily involving Human factions, or alien species?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:53 PM

Hey, everybody! So, I have a lot of ideas for what the first campaign in Adrift could be, and since I can't decide, I'll let you guys pick. After all, my choice wouldn't matter if no one signed up for it. :P

The poll includes a few general questions, as well as the actual choices themselves. If one of the general options points toward a campaign idea that isn't listed here, I might come up with a brand new campaign idea to better fit the most popular choices elsewhere in the poll (such as about genre and species).

So, here are the campaign ideas, as they stand right now:

Enomeg Training - Very character driven, encompassing a variety of genres. A RP centered around the training of a non-canon fourth phase of Enomegs. Your training will be led by NPCs, and the players comprise the Enomeg trainees. You will face the tests as seen in Warrior Born - but some might be a bit different, though they will achieve the same end goal of testing your character. Naturally, for this one, everyone has to be a Human.

Dinoterra - Action/adventure, this RP would involve a group of explorers (could be from any particular faction, could be neutral, it all depends) landing on the mysterious planet Dinoterra, once part of an experimental project to attempt to recreate Earth... but it's still in the prehistoric age, overrun by dinosaurs.

Skrakki Survival - Horror, this RP focuses upon surviving a Skrakki invasion. Details other than that, I won't say, because I don't want to spoil anything. Let's just say it'd be horror, and there are Skrakki involved. :P

Rescue Assignment - Mystery/Adventure/Horror. This is a very story-driven RP about the players (could be from the Hub Authority, depending on how the rest of this poll goes, or - most likely - Victorian, as they are in the unposted story version of this campaign that I should really revise and post sometime) as the crew of a ship, answering a distress beacon on a largely unexplored planet positively rich with energite crystals. This makes the planet a prime location for any civilization, but your faction has gotten to it first. You must go to the planet, discover what went wrong with the colonization/mining station, rescue any survivors... and possibly battle those who would wrest the planet from your control.

Other - Please feel free to offer any suggestions! I'm open to most anything.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Mh, some of these choices were pretty tricky.

Personally I'm all for something on Dinoterra, but the Rescue Assignment was not only equally appealing but seemed more story-driven - which I figured wouldn't be a bad way to kick off Adrift.

The setting I pretty much rolled a die to figure out. I like all of them ;u;

I will say action/adventure is pretty much my hands-down favorite, but I'm up for anything else, whichever way the vote goes. :P

Aaaaand I figured a focus on human factions would be the general consensus so I just tossed my vote in there, really. Bouncing around enough vague character ideas that I can go whichever way is best XP

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

I'm not familiar with this universe, so I figured that exploring the alien civilizations from a human perspective would be an excellent way to get acquainted with the lore. Especially if the alien races are not that flushed out compared to the human factions.

As for genre, I'm all about action/adventure.

gdV21HZ.gif

#4 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Barbarian Venator

• Nova Member
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:29 PM

I gotta be honest, both the Dinoterra and Shrakki RPs look pretty sweet.

#5 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 07:36 PM

I want a rehash of Floater but actually finished by a more competent DM and writer.

Aka wolfy.

lWZ8e6F.png

#6 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

I want a rehash of Floater but actually finished by a more competent DM and writer.

Aka wolfy.

Golly, you make me blush. :blush:

I remember that RP, but not well enough to rehash it. Refresh my memory with a PM or something and I might just do it. :P

Right now it looks like the rescue mission is winning by a longshot, and I'm okay with that. Question is: how does everyone feel about playing Victorians?

I can switch it to Xarkon, if people prefer, but making it one or the other would work out best with the story. So, any preference, or does anyone feel strongly against playing as either of those?

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#7 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,470 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:35 PM

Mh, some of these choices were pretty tricky.

Personally I'm all for something on Dinoterra, but the Rescue Assignment was not only equally appealing but seemed more story-driven - which I figured wouldn't be a bad way to kick off Adrift.

The setting I pretty much rolled a die to figure out. I like all of them ;u;

I will say action/adventure is pretty much my hands-down favorite, but I'm up for anything else, whichever way the vote goes. :P

Aaaaand I figured a focus on human factions would be the general consensus so I just tossed my vote in there, really. Bouncing around enough vague character ideas that I can go whichever way is best XP

Oh my, where to begin?!?

I went ahead and voted for Dinoterra, because the boyish part of me that loves dinosaurs just couldn't resist.  The rescue mission is my 2nd choice, though, definitely sounds promising.

In regard to species, that question looked like the only one where I could pick multiple options, so I went crazy with what I wanted to try.  I'll probably start with a human while I learn the new rules and signup system, but Wrognoth and Sarran both looked quite enjoyable from my skimming of the new signup topic.

As for the setting, some time in space and on ships, working or otherwise, also sounded quite appealing, with boundless potential for fun, adventure, and even horror.

Last but not least, the focus.  Naturally, this one will be heavily influenced by the campaign that gets chosen, but I figured Klaykid's idea of humans looking at the aliens would be a great way to build up excitement for the lore and development while helping players get more comfortable with the setting.

Right now it looks like the rescue mission is winning by a longshot, and I'm okay with that. Question is: how does everyone feel about playing Victorians?

I can switch it to Xarkon, if people prefer, but making it one or the other would work out best with the story. So, any preference, or does anyone feel strongly against playing as either of those?

Victory has my vote, as you probably expected, but I would voice no strong objections to playing with Xarkon if the majority ruled in favor of that choice.  Maybe just some quiet, mild grumbling.  XD

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#8 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

DINOSAURS! DINOSAURS! DIIIINOOOOOSAAAUUUURRRSSSS!!!!11!!!

But, yeah, that rescue/salvage stuff sounds fun too... As long as I can play a cool alien, like a scruffy Wrognoth or an impatient Achmer in a mechy suit.

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#9 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

Well, Yavakaro's my preference (as one might guess <--).

Rescue Mission or Skrakki would be my main plot choices but, really, I'd be down for whatever, so long as I can play as a Sarran. 'Cause I've had this idea for a Sarran NR char. for a looooooong time, so if I was gonna get into a NR RP, that's who I'd really like to play as.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

Welp, that pretty much answers my questions! Thanks for voting and discussing, everybody. :D

Right now I'm making plans to go ahead and do that story-heavy rescue mission campaign. My original concept, however, limited everyone to playing as Human Victorians. Since we currently have a lot of interest in playing other species and some Grimm's Army members, I'm working on altering the outline as it stands right now to allow for more variety in terms of player characters.

Keep an eye out for a sign-up thread sometime in the hopefully nearish future. ;)

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,117 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

So not much free time for my species making, hmm... Challenge accepted!

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#12 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

You'll probably have plenty of time, don't worry. Especially since, whenever I do get a sign-up thread posted (I'm hard pressed for free time lately, since I'm in crunch time for my thesis this month), I'll still be giving everyone some more time before the RP itself actually starts.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#13 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,117 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:32 PM

I dont have much of free time either. More reason why it will be so challenging, sicne I am quite... description-loving person :D

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users