437 replies to this topic

#421 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:30 AM

*looks up Knights of Sidonia*

Wait... It's not spelled 'Cydonia'? And it had nothing to do with the actual Cydonia, or even Mars? But... Why... Dangit Japan, what is it with you and show titles like this?

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#422 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

I'm not sure, in that series they call their giant mecha guards "Gardes," and it takes place far in the future where a sect of humans are isolated on a spaceship, so maybe things just started getting spelled weird for some reason.

xgd0s9.jpg

#423 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 03:22 AM

Season 2 of One Punch Man has been announced!
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#424 mooface5

mooface5

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:42 PM

Been watching Dragon Ball Super.

Anxiously waiting for Attack on Titan season 2. I considered reading the mangas but I like watching it with my sisters and being surprised.

I watched Erased recently. That was tight.

Was meant to get into One Punch Man. Should probably start that soon...

#425 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Finished up Inuyusha: the Final Act. A few things are overused but interesting nonetheless on how the story goes, though a tad rushed in some part in my opinion. Of course the show had around dozens of episodes prior so I guess I need to find a day to rewatch all of that :P

Goodness I do love the intro theme. Full version!

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#426 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 09:40 PM

So after finishing up Kuroko's Basketball, an anime I adored, I'm looking for something new to watch and I was wondering if anyone had recommendations. 

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#427 mooface5

mooface5

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

Who here watches Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and for those that don't what are you waiting for

04zzYO7.png

#428 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,767 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

Who here watches Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and for those that don't what are you waiting for

Hah, I actually just came in here to talk about it!

I watched the first few episodes of the original Bizarre Adventure (enough to haaaate Dio), then I skipped ahead to Part 3 because I wanted to see the Stands, and I just finished it last night. What a stupid, hilarious, amazing show. I'm going to go back and watch the earlier episodes I skipped over now.

#429 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:46 PM

I watched the first few episodes of the original Bizarre Adventure (enough to haaaate Dio), then I skipped ahead to Part 3 because I wanted to see the Stands, and I just finished it last night. What a stupid, hilarious, amazing show. I'm going to go back and watch the earlier episodes I skipped over now.

Dude, you gotta watch Part 2, that one's the best, and so is Joseph!

#430 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,767 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:10 PM

Dude, you gotta watch Part 2, that one's the best, and so is Joseph!

OOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, Joseph was incredible in Part 3, so I can't wait to see him in his prime.

Honestly it's been a while since I found something that is just so perfectly in my wheelhouse. Jojo is so wonderfully ridiculous, but so earnest about it at the same time. With other animes I tend to get bored with filler episodes and seeing the same tropes over and over, but Jojo is just so ridiculously creative with its villains-of-the-week that I can't get enough. There are absolutely no rules when it comes to Stands :P

#431 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:14 AM

OOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah, Joseph was incredible in Part 3, so I can't wait to see him in his prime.

Honestly it's been a while since I found something that is just so perfectly in my wheelhouse. Jojo is so wonderfully ridiculous, but so earnest about it at the same time. With other animes I tend to get bored with filler episodes and seeing the same tropes over and over, but Jojo is just so ridiculously creative with its villains-of-the-week that I can't get enough. There are absolutely no rules when it comes to Stands :P

I'LL BE THE ROUNDABOUT

#432 mooface5

mooface5

Rookie

• 18 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Dio is a straight up ass for no reason and it's absolutely amazing. He's the best/worst.

The show's so ridiculous and addictive I love it.

I just finished part 2 and I have to wait for my sister before starting part 3.

Also there's a trailer for season 2 of Attack on Titan:

Spoiler

Edited by mooface5, 11 January 2017 - 12:01 AM.

#433 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Member
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

Dio is a straight up ass for no reason and it's absolutely amazing. He's the best/worst.

[/spoiler]

"How many breads have you eaten in your life?"

I thought Dio was the most relatable, presonally.  Makes me wanna use the blood of my adoptive family to become a vampire, I mean, "take care" of my ailing adoptive father. :P

But seriously, I think the best part about Dio is just how unapologetic he is about his evil.

#434 Rune Walsh

Rune Walsh

You're welcome, internets.

• Nova Member
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

Also there's a trailer for season 2 of Attack on Titan:

Spoiler

And here's one for Americans.

Spoiler

#435 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Member
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

My imported Korean Blu-rays of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex came in last week. Needless to say I'm very excited.

#436 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,767 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

I just finished part 2 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and you guys were totally right about Joseph being the best Jojo. Not only was he hilarious, but his ridiculous scheming was so much fun to watch. I loved Stardust Crusaders, but Jotaro's power was basically just saying "Yare yare daze" and then winning because he was so good at everything without even trying. Joseph always scrapes through every fight through some ridiculous scheme you never see coming, and it's always amazing.

Plus the posing! Nobody really posed that much in Stardust Crusaders, but in Battle Tendency EVERYONE IS POSING SUPER HARD 24/7 and it had me in stitches. Nobody can do anything on this show without arching their backs to an impossible degree and throwing out their fiercest jazz hands. All three villains are giant naked bodybuilders, and Jojo himself walks about in a shirt so small that his bottom four abs poke out at all times; it's good stuff.

tumblr_mj0hytfpWf1ra3f3yo1_500.gif

I think I still prefer Stardust Crusaders overall, just because the Stands were such an amazing venue for creativity for the writers and animators, but Battle Tendency was really really good, too. Now I suppose I have to start on Part 4. It's got a lot to live up to.

EDIT - Two episodes into Jojo part 4 and I already like it. Savage Garden as the ending theme? This show never ceases to surprise me.

EDIT - I like to think Jotaro's interest in marine biology started that one time he ORAORAORA'd a shark.

#437 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

Dragging this topic up by the scruff of the neck but I just bought like eighteen Cowboy Bebop pins and a themed lanyard for future con use because they were cheap and damn it I've only watched like, two anime shows and one movie and Bebop is one of my favorite all-time shows.

Of course I haven't actually seen the Cowboy Bebop movie yet (The one that's supposed to take place between episodes 20-something and 20-something), I need to get on picking that up as well once my wallet as healed a bit. I was also told that Samurai Champloo is supposed to be a really good thing to watch next so yeah that's the next thing I'm getting on. 

nY1rpGl.gif

#438 Ocelot

Ocelot

#Reylo

• 7,767 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

So I finally finished JoJo: Diamond is Unbreakable, and I absolutely loved it. It took me a while to really cotton to the idea of some lame high school drama after the wonderfully over-the-top manliness that was Stardust Crusaders, but once it hit its stride it was a fantastic show. Such a reckless disregard for any kind of seriousness; for a show that doesn't want to admit to being a comedy it can be so hilarious at times. Stands continue to be the best premise for basically any manga/anime/cartoon/whatever; you can write anything and call it a Stand, and the rules are so poorly defined that nobody can argue with you. The standard process of a Stand fight, i.e. being attacked by something you have no idea about, then having to work out what exactly the Stand's power is, then working out some ridiculously overwrought plan to defeat the user, is so endlessly watchable. This is one of the only animes I've watched where the filler episodes are just as fun and interesting as the main story stuff (if not even moreso).

Josuke was a really good Jojo, but I think at the end of the day my favourite Jojo is still Jotaro. I don't know, I mean I know he's not the most interesting protagonist, and his fights always revolve around him just using brute force to beat the bad guy, but I still just like him. Under that gruff exterior he's just sort of a quiet guy who isn't all that great at social interaction. I think him becoming a marine biologist really won me over; I feel like he just wants to be left alone with his fish but he knows he has to take care of all these Stand shenanigans, so he pushes himself out of his comfort zone. I find it kind of inspiring :P

Anyway, I hear that the next part of the manga is about an Italian Jojo named Gio Gio, which is just the kind of silly pun I really enjoy, so I can't wait until they turn it into an anime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users