NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Fort Slaughter ((A Dying Breed))

1 reply to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

Fort Slaughter was certainly an intimidating sight... But not a terribly pleasant one.

At least, it wasn't pleasant unless the Venatori were eager to spend their days listening to the centurions shout at their legionnaires. Everything was remarkably clean - cleaner than they may have thought. But the legions had strict rules regarding cleanliness, and it certainly showed.

Athens and Lyneth came into a fort constructed of impressive walls and well-structured, perfectly aligned tents and small buildings. They quickly made their way toward the last contact of the missing Venatori: Centurion Tullus, who was busy patrolling and eying his troops as they trained.

He, a stern man with absolutely no hair, turned to face them as they approached. "Venatori, are you?" he said, seeming to not have terribly much interest. "Those monster hunters who have more interest in preserving the monsters than their victims? Didn't I just speak with two of you?"

They explained in brief, to which Tullus... had absolutely no alteration in his eternal scowl.

"I see," he said, and there was no alteration in his barking tone, either. "There's little doubt what happened, then. Those two left to make contact with a village of lion-folk just to the north of here. People have been disappearing, mostly toward the north, near that beastman village."

He arched a brow. "They should all be destroyed," he appended. "I suggest you don't waste your time, and your lives, trying to talk peace with those monsters. I can provide you with a full legion to go and slaughter them immediately."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

As far as hunts went, so far Lyneth had had a wonderful time with Athens. Journeying across the Empire left them with many nights in the wilderness or in taverns together, and Brys was more than ready to reciprocate any advances the knight made during that time.

She couldn't help but make a face, however, as they arrived at Fort Slaughter. Legion camps were never fun places to go, and Slaughter in particular seemed to stick out among them. She forced a smile - and subtly buttoned her shirt up a bit more than usual, realizing her normal tactics wouldn't work here - as she and Athens navigated the tents and exercising legionnaires, looking for...

Ah.

Centurion Tullus stuck out, fortunately... thanks to his uniform, mostly. Otherwise he was just as stern and loud as anyone else in this gods-forsaken place. Lynetg had to struggle not to flinch when he shouted at them. Summarizing events proved a little difficult thanks to that.

"There's little doubt what happened, then. Those two left to make contact with a village of lion-folk just to the north of here. People have been disappearing, mostly toward the north, near that beastman village."

Well, maybe we're lucky and this has nothing to do with traitorous Venatori, then... "Well, that certainly sounds... typical." The half-demon offered.

Tullus arched a brow. "They should all be destroyed," he appended. "I suggest you don't waste your time, and your lives, trying to talk peace with those monsters. I can provide you with a full legion to go and slaughter them immediately."

Lyneth resisted the urge to sigh, if only with a superhuman effort. "We appreciate the offer, sir," she replied, "but we need to be certain it wasn't anything else. We haven't been given the option of going back empty-handed." She offered a helpless shrug. "If we go missing, though, I'd certainly rest easier knowing your men avenged us."

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users