5 replies to this topic

#1 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

NPCs Needed

Greetings everyone! I'm currently in the process of creating a mythology-inspired Dungeons and Dragons world and am looking for possible characters to fill it. I would appreciate it if the good folks of Saber Scorpion's Lair Forums would aid me by creating a few characters of their own. Rules and lore to follow.

Rules:

-Any level of depth is appreciated, however a few details are required. These include Race, Gender, Profession, culture (see lore below.), and a short description of their personality, characteristics, alignment etc.

-Additional stuff like stats, importance (Not everyone has to be a king or chosen one,) an illustration (or lego figure) could help me get a better idea  of where to fit your guy, gal, or goblin into the story.

-Seeming lore conflicts are allowed provided you can come up with a logical reason. For example a black Centurion in the Imperial Army might have some previous history that puts him in the Empire even though his family lived in the Pharaoh's Kingdom to the South.

-Understand that different cultures may have differing views on the races. The Dwarves fair much better in the Pharaoh's Kingdom due to their connections to the god Bes. The Empire views them as inferior, and simply tolerates them. Message me with any questions on such details.

Lore:

The setting is a world based on Europe and the Middle East. In it most major Mythologies are real. When Empires clash their gods may fight as well. Additionally death sends you to the underworld of the pantheon of the land you died in, unless other factors are in play. North American and Oriental stand-ins also exist, but are not part of the main setting. They may be visited in adventures though. Technology is approximately Medieval.

Realms in the Main Setting:

The Empire (Greece and Rome)

The Forest (Western Europe, disputed territory between barbarian tribes, the North, and the Empire. Various Feudal Kingdoms)

The Pharaoh's Kingdom (Egypt)

The North (Norse)

The Crescent Cities (Mesopotamia, some Arab influence)

Other Factions (With Preferred Alignment):

The Knights of the Gilded Forest (A group of adventurers in the Forest, no Evil alignment)

The Order of the Redeemed (A paladin order of typically evil races, such as orcs, undead, etc. Lawful Good only)

The Blades of [regional justice deity] (A group of assassins and knights who seek out and punish evildoers, no Evil alignment)

The Dragons Teeth (Murderers and Mercenaries for hire, no Good alignment)

#2 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:46 AM

I do plan on posting some characters here (or most likely some art of the different factions), but I do have two suggestions:

1: You might want to make a more defined character sheet for people to fill out, like this

2: You might want to flesh the descriptions of the different realms/factions. I get that the realms are based off of ones in the real world, but how are they portrayed differently in a fantasy universe? As for the factions, I like the descriptions you have for them already, but you could expand on it a little more.

#3 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

Actually the Wulfgard RP sheet you linked would work pretty well! The factions will be fleshed out at a later time, as this is still sort of a work in progress.

#4 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

http://dnd.wizards.c...haracter_sheets

Here's a some character sheets you can use to make your characters.

#5 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:11 AM

Update: I've been working through some world building stuff, and will have it out soon. Unfortunately right now school is a priority so I'll have to get back to everyone later. Feel free to message me with any questions.

#6 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:47 AM

It only took me five months of procrastination, but I finally drew all the factions:

patriot_96_s_fantasy_factions_by_dwestmo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: D&D, Elder Scrolls, LOTR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users