NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Delving Too Deep OOC - Rules, Character List, and Chat

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Poll: Delving Too Deep poll

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should we just skip ahead, and if so, to what point?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:18 AM

Uh, Sephsekla, I think you got your own characters' names mixed up. :lol:

#'@$ing @#~@

I need to stagger replying to different RPs.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#42 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

I know WyvernSith and I haven't been very active recently but we're going out of good cellular range. Sorry for any trouble.

#43 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

It's all good, DragonJedi. Thanks for the heads-up.

Meanwhile, the campaign is stagnating a bit, so unless anyone protests, I'm going to prepare a sizable DM post to get us moving a ways forward and hopefully breathe some life back into things, since not much has happened so far, anyway.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#44 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

Meanwhile, the campaign is stagnating a bit, so unless anyone protests, I'm going to prepare a sizable DM post to get us moving a ways forward and hopefully breathe some life back into things, since not much has happened so far, anyway.

Honestly, I'm waiting on you to reply to Huo, so I have no problem with this.

#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Sorry for the delays with my DM post. I'm essentially having to put everything on hold because my life is a whirlwind right now and has been since the first of the month, as a loved one has fallen seriously ill. Hopefully I'll be able to get a DM post up in the nearish future, but I can't make many promises right this minute. Thanks for your patience.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#46 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Hey, guys. I'm currently working on DM posts on my phone in my Grandma's rehabilitation room. Staying with her for a while today.

So if you see some posts crop up that involve area transitions and such, I'm probably still working on the next one. I should have something posted today though.

Oh and if the post itself is a bit non-fancy, sorry. Like I said, working on my phone right now. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#47 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Well that went faster than expected.

DM posts up. I'm sorry to spring another choice on you guys without anything in-between. I was going to head straight into the wilderness, but I need to know which path the group is taking.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#48 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Really appreciate you finding the time to update, hope everything's going OK.

#49 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

Thanks, Sephsekla. Things are finally starting to improve, I think, so hopefully I can start getting things back on track, maybe after this weekend, but I'm not sure yet.

I'll try to get an update posted as soon as I can. At least there's some interaction going on right now, though. :P Sorry again for the delays, everyone.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#50 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

Looks like we're definitely going through the Immortal Wood.

And it looks like no one wants to pick up on any hints toward sidequests, so I'll just go ahead and start taking us through there. Depending on what you guys want next, that is. Let me elaborate:

I originally intended this campaign to be heavy on sidequests and general adventure. I had a werewolf sidequest, among others. But my Grandma suddenly getting sick the first of this month completely killed a lot of my time and, frankly, inspiration. I've been busy helping my family, among other things. Doesn't leave me much for anything else, especially now that I've gotten my Patreon going (and I haven't even had time for that...).

The campaign was going to be broken up into traveling through the North (where we are now) and doing sidequests; reaching the Edge and traversing it and avoiding too much trouble; and reaching the dungeon and navigating it; and finally getting back out. Since our lest venture into the Edge didn't go too well, I'm increasingly tempted to skip that part, and since our interactions in civilization haven't been super riveting (sorry) and I have lots of plans for the dungeon anyway, we could just go ahead and get to the dungeon.

So here's the question: do you guys want to go through the Immortal Wood and then up to the Edge and then reach the doorway into the mountain, or jump straight to the Edge to find the door, or just jump straight to the dungeon romp, which was always going to be the main focus of this campaign, anyway?

I'll edit the topic poll, so be sure to delete your vote and vote in there, too.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#51 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

I'm going to give this a big push really soon. Possibly this weekend, but I can't make any promises, as I'm at my university place doing another great moving of furniture, and then I have to go back home and help my grandma move back in next week.

Sorry for the delays.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#52 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

I feel like, once again, trying to go light on the story and heavy on the adventure didn't work out.

Anyone still invested in this, or should I spend my time working on other things instead and just call this a wash?

I may need to take a break from DMing for a while, and then I'll run something more story-driven that'll hopefully keep people interested and force more interaction.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#53 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

I'd love to carry on with this if/when you're able to get back to it.

#54 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

I'm definitely up for continuing, buuut I also know you could really use a proper break. Maybe it's time someone else took the mantle of DMing a big Errant thing.

...Which I have plans of doing, myself, on that note, but God alone knows if that'll come to fruition, so don't hold your breath. ^^;

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#55 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:23 PM

I feel like, once again, trying to go light on the story and heavy on the adventure didn't work out.

Anyone still invested in this, or should I spend my time working on other things instead and just call this a wash?

I may need to take a break from DMing for a while, and then I'll run something more story-driven that'll hopefully keep people interested and force more interaction.

I mean... I wouldn't say you're wrong about that... (when the only real goal is "adventure" or "fer de lootz!" character motivations can become difficult to come by).

That said, if at least a few ppl. are still up for it, I'm willing to try continuing it. But, if you really need a break, I also understand.

But maybe during that break we could keep the tavern thing going (well, get it going again) so that we don't forget the language of men (or elves... or dwarves... you get the point!) in the meantime. :D

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#56 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

You should take a break if you need one. I don't want to end up with another rushed ending to a campaign I'm enjoying like what we got with Damnatio Memoriae.

I will throw up a post, though, since we at least need to start the interactions again.

#57 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:39 AM

Alrighty, so I hate seeing Errant suffer and I also have absolutely no RP outlets. So I'm kind of suffering from major withdrawal. :P

I might not be able to get this going again until sometime in September, depending on various things, but I suppose I should just continue this where we left off, eh? I'm willing, though I'm going to have to revise my outline to try to fix up sidequests and make them come to the players more, maybe try and get some interaction going; I dunno. I'm better with story-driven RPs, clearly. This is why I always turned down the opportunity to DM on my old RP server - dammit, Jim, I'm a player, not a DM! :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#58 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,109 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

Alrighty, so I hate seeing Errant suffer and I also have absolutely no RP outlets. So I'm kind of suffering from major withdrawal. :P

I might not be able to get this going again until sometime in September, depending on various things, but I suppose I should just continue this where we left off, eh? I'm willing, though I'm going to have to revise my outline to try to fix up sidequests and make them come to the players more, maybe try and get some interaction going; I dunno. I'm better with story-driven RPs, clearly. This is why I always turned down the opportunity to DM on my old RP server - dammit, Jim, I'm a player, not a DM! :P

Meanwhile, on SSLF's other rp outlet:

black-hole_650x400_61462536640.jpg

Joking aside, I would like to see Errant back on its feet. :D

#59 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:30 AM

While this is on a bit of a hiatus (don't pressure yourself Wolfy, a bit of a delay's not the end of the world), I'll shamelessly plug The Rusty Axe as somewhere to keep some more casual RP going in Errant.

#60 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:11 AM

Yeah, I've been waiting on a character to get approved before I join in on that again ;>u>

In the meantime, though, I'm... well, I'm trying to throw my own thing together, but really I dunno if that'll happen, so in any case I'm willing to wait until this RP can kick off again. ^^

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users