516 replies to this topic

#501 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:52 AM

Ugh.

Well I hope that's not aimed at my Lego Thor, you haven't even seen him yet...

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#502 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:57 AM

Well I hope that's not aimed at my Lego Thor, you haven't even seen him yet...

I think it was more aimed at the horrible neon sets that come with those mini-figures. :P

#503 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

Did we all watch the same trailer/see the same marketing material for Ragnarok? It's much more brightly colored, psychedelic even, than any previous Thor entry. Why would we expect/want anything different in the LEGO sets?

I swear, sometimes you guys with your constant nit picky criticism of almost literally everything baffle me to no end lol. :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#504 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

Actually it was directed at everything to do with Thor: Ragnarok. I don't care that the sets are brightly-colored like the trailer was, since that only makes sense. But since I don't want to be the one ruining it for other people, I won't go into it. It's why I've avoided going into it anywhere else on the internet or when the trailer was first posted, also.

Although, I'll admit, the sets don't interest me as sets, either, except for Thor's helmet... :shrug: But, uh... glad you guys like them? Mostly? :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#505 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

But since I don't want to be the one ruining it for other people, I won't go into it.

Well that's a first for the Internet as a whole.

#506 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

Lol, true. Now that makes sense, sorry Wolfy.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#507 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:26 AM

MFW when I saw the brightly colored sets that came with them:

giphy.gif

For some reason that's the style Marvel seems to be going for with this Thor movie - lots of bright, clashing colors. Flip through some of these photos and look at the costumes/backgrounds: http://ew.com/movies...st-look-photos/

The whole movie looks more like Thor got dropped into a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel than a Thor movie akin to the previous two. I know Marvel wanted to make this a "soft Hulk movie" of sorts, mixing in elements of the "Planet Hulk" storyline from the comics, so maybe this is a byproduct of that. All the solo movies have to be Avengers quasi-sequels now... :\

In other Lego superhero news, I finally found the Wonder Woman set in a store yesterday:

LEGO-76075-Wonder-Woman-Warrior-Battle-B

For some reason, I see piles of the Spiderman Homecoming set everywhere - even though the movie's not even out - but this is the first time I've ever seen this one. And it was just one of them, stuffed in a corner. Weird. Set seems to be only loosely based on the movie too.

EDIT: Also, LEGO has been tweeting out pictures of the new Ninjago CMF line. Here are a few:

RHE2UDg.jpg

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#508 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:59 AM

I have the Wonder Woman fig and she is just perfect. Fantastic design and with some bright colours rather than the drab you got in the BvS sets.

#509 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

LEGO also tweeted this pic of an awesome new Ninjago set that could very easily be turned into an amazing cyberpunk diorama:

DC2H63KXUAA7OW7.jpg

It's so beautiful - I need it.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#510 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

Lovin' that new Ninjago set.

As for the CMF series, I really hope to see something that, "WOWS," me. The last CMF series was one of the better ones.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!

Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#511 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:48 AM

The whole movie looks more like Thor got dropped into a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel 

You mean like... When he gets... dropped onto some planet? And kidnapped to fight on Sakaar? ...The planet Ronan's soldiers come from?

It's almost like they're tying everything together for an even bigger movie next year  :whistling:

*cough*Right, this is a Lego thread. I finally picked up the Vulture set. Wings are way too big, but that's easily rectified when I get back home to my collection. Everything else I'm happy with. Though. Is Spidey the same in both Homecoming sets? I know he's slightly different than the CW one.

Edited by Spider-Man, 16 July 2017 - 02:55 PM.

#512 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 626 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

A frankly colossal leak of DC Superheroes sets for the end of this year at https://imgur.com/gallery/HLoV2

Spoiler

#513 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Almish Santa.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

A frankly colossal leak of DC Superheroes sets for the end of this year at https://imgur.com/gallery/HLoV2

Spoiler

Honestly excited for all the new pieces more than anything else, especially those magicy looking ones.  :enchanted:

#514 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:49 AM

I'll agree with the above statement. Long have my mages/wizards/warlocks/elemental desired magical effects.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!

Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#515 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,106 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:14 PM

You mean like... When he gets... dropped onto some planet? And kidnapped to fight on Sakaar? ...The planet Ronan's soldiers come from?

It's almost like they're tying everything together for an even bigger movie next year  :whistling:

Not everyone likes the death of the solo Marvel movies for great merging into the megacorporation cinematic universe that throws everything together into one giant overblown crapstorm and sacrifices anything interesting just for the sake of building up to an "even bigger" thing.

Oh, right, this is a LEGO thread.

Yeah, the "magic effects" look really fun. It'll be nice to give assorted magic-users something to hold instead of just a staff or something. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#516 Randomman96

Randomman96

Someone you probably weren't expecting

• Nova Patron
  • 998 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:20 AM

So, you know that new UCS Millennium Falcon?  The "Most pieces in one set" one?  The one that contains bits to do both the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy version?

Well, what if I told you I recently acquired it.  Haven't started building yet because it's at my house and I'm at school, but once the semester ends, and I go home for Winter break....

I wonder if I will build it faster or about as long as it took me to build the my Lego Death Star.

5Sa8Z49.gif

#517 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

Guess that makes Hero Factory the biggest failure Lego theme yet.

I mean, if they couldn't even sell it with the Bionicle brand you KNOW it sucked ass.

That was both due to the fact of LEGO being lazy with story, not so much with the CCBS. However, some of the designs they did for thew BIONICLE sets were even horrible. As a diehard BIONICLE fan since 2000 (it started a year early in Europe) I've followed the stories and sets for a long time. I know the behind the scenes of why it failed this time. General laziness and not even knowing where the story was going at any given time. It was a shame, really. The G1 storyline was so epic, jam-packed with lore, and ripe for expanding upon in a Legend of Korra kind of way. So you din't have to dump the prior backstory on anyone, at least not at the same time. And not all of it.

Many BIONICLE fans are now saying, though, that a normal system line version would probably sell better today. I don't know about that. And I would think it a little sad if that was what we got, honestly... I wish the story could continue in comic form, like how G1 Transformers is doing now, even alongside the newer Transformers series. At least to tie up loose ends and finish the online serial stories.
Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users