2 replies to this topic

#1 brickshipyard

brickshipyard

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hey guys and happy holidays. 

I've built a fun, different sort of lego ship for the FBTB Aurebesh contest.  I tried some new techniques like rubber bands that hold that really odd, yet sleek train cockpit piece together.  This ship is meant to fit into the Shadows of the Empire sub-theme/era.  Looking from the top down you can see it has an outline of the Aurebesh letter Aurek (which looks like a very cool, futuristic letter "K" to me).  

Yes I used Scorp's figs with permission (my gratitude to him) and added a insect like droid for fun.  I don't expect to win, but it was fun entering as I haven't tried something like this in 10 years (entering a FBTB contest) and I am trying to transition from an amateur builder and photographer into a more mature one.  I actually built a 2 X 3 X 3 ft light box with a wood, cardboard and a white bed sheet to take better photos with.  My camera still sucks, being an iphone, so I have a ways to go.  

Also this is the first ship I've ever built with purple parts and I find the color fun to work with.  Please share your thoughts, criticism, etc.  Please PM me if you can't comment on this topic as my last posts for some reason were oddly locked.  So MODs or others just let me know.  

V/R

TheBrickshipyard

38931397312_318c92b401_n.jpgThe Lego Aurek StarViper - my entry for the FBTB Aurebesh contest by Kyle Warnock, on Flickr

38081286855_48dda76a5d_n.jpgIMG_2441 by Kyle Warnock, on Flickr

38931042412_eb0e68a27a_n.jpgIMG_2448 by Kyle Warnock, on Flickr

#2 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

This is really cool, I love the concept and I think the droid really matches the slightly insectoid look of the ship.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#3 brickshipyard

brickshipyard

Private First Class

• Nova Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

Thanks Sephsekla for your comment.  I didn't win or place in the contest, but this was still a fun build to push out and to use unique pieces. Since it has been 20 years since the lego space theme Insectoids came out I have been working on a flagship to commemorate the theme.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users