News LEGO Art and Writing Forums About Me
Shop Shop: Minifigs Shop: Decals Shop: Accessories Shop: Instructions Shop: Novels

LEGO Halo: ODST and Star Trek Characters

Posted by Saber-Scorpion, 25 February 2010 · 3,105 views

SSL Update LEGO Halo Nolan North
Yep, new LEGO figs! But since I want to make this the featured entry at the top of the forum in order to bother the bottom-dwellers (aka Dumpster divers), I need to fill up the top with some needless text so that the giant images won't show up and bother everyone else too. Okay, that's done! Now on to the LEGO!

So I guess those Halo ODST guys are finally up on the site now. Check it out!

Also, I have given Maegan's Star Trek figs a page of their own at long last. Here's the link from the LEGO section:

Yeah, all the LEGO pages still have the old black-background layout right now, but I will try to update them to the new look sooner or later. Anyway, enjoy!

Awesome figs! I would expect no less.
Great job! All of 'em are top-notch! I will say this though: as awesome as your ODST helmets are, BF is going to be making something very similiar to ODST helms and armors(at least 3 different types) called "Shock Trooper Armor." I have no idea when they'll come out, but we did get the info straight from the big guy. but since we have no clue when the date of said helms and armors will come out, great job! :P
I'm still sad they're kicking Glynnis Talken out of her role as Kerrigan. She did a fantastic job, I'd say, and I was really looking forward to seeing her reprise her role as Kerrigan in StarCraft the Second; though Tricia Helfer's definitely a good replacement... but I'm getting off-tangent over the point of this blog post.
Anyways, great figs, regardless. I just hope you can get those ME2 figs soon. Would it be too much to ask for you to try a turian, perhaps?
Shadowbane: Noooooo!!! *ahem* I mean... that's good... -_-

Ter Moonlight: Yeah, a lot of people are fussing about the voice change. I do hate it when they favor celebrities over traditional voice actors, I admit. I mean, you can find interviews with lots of the Mass Effect 2 'celebrity' actors easily, but good luck even finding one with Mark Meer, much less people like Grey DeLise or Jim Cummings whose voices we hear all over the place.
And yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to make a turian. No luck so far. Just failed experiments.

PS: If anyone wants to help bump my ODST figs to the front page of MOCpages by rating them up, here's the link: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/188712 Thanks!
EDIT: Mission accomplished.
You WANT to be on the front page of MOCpages? Isn't that like having the highest topic in the Dump?
I personally like the old black backgrounds

You WANT to be on the front page of MOCpages? Isn't that like having the highest topic in the Dump?

It's not for some kind of ego trip; it's just so the page gets as many viewers as possible. It's all about staying visible and hopefully driving some traffic to my site. And maybe selling some more decals.
Aww Mickey was my favorite character because he had the coolest outfit.
Love those ODSTs Scorp. I'm glad you gave them new decals aswell. They are pretty much perfect. I must agree..... Rookie is a boring character. The only thing you hear from him are the very odd sounding noises he makes when he's hurt.
Jesus, don't scare me like that! I was just cruising around the Halo section and noticed the big yellow "NEW ODST Minifigs!" and was like "Oh f***! What did I miss this time?!" and zoomed right here. Anyways, as much as Mickey annoyed me with being boring, I think he served his purpose well. That being the same purpose you said on the page. Glad to see you change the organization of the LEGO page, but you still have yet to give it the new background, as with most of the site.
PS: What happened to the gaming section?
Excellent as always, Mister Scorpion. Excellent decals, and pretty accurate to the originals.

Whilst we're on blogs, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that at least two Nova Members (Angry Scottsman and I) seem to be able to make blogs. Don't know about the other members, but is this something you deliberately implemented?
Ehhhh Mickey's okay. He's Wash, so that's cool. But my the coolest outfit is Mal because of the knife. The only thing that could beat it would be a sword. Blades own.

Yeah, I may have clicked the setting so that Nova Members could make blogs. :P I suppose I should have announced it in a post. But hey, if you want to make one, go crazy! ;)

EDIT: Hmm, actually, it already says in the FAQ that you guys can make blogs. Guess no one checked there.
I feel out of the loop whenever Nolan North comes up, seeing as this is the only game I've played with him in a prominent role (though Romeo IS my preferred character, I've just got a thing for snipers). Of course from what I've seen his seeming memetic godhood comes mostly from the PS3, so that's not too surprising.

EDIT: Hmm, actually, it already says in the FAQ that you guys can make blogs. Guess no one checked there.

Ya think? I'm Local for that board and I don't even check there! :P
I think he was also Sgt. Forge in Halo Wars if you played that. He's also the main guy in the Assassin's Creed series, which is cross-platform.
Never did really pick up Assassin's Creed (I had Crackdown, that was all I needed for my sandbox fix at the time, in fact it may still be all I need), and the only console RTSs I ever played were Star Trek Legacy (which I only found out was an RTS after the fact) and Brütal Legend (which was equal parts metal, RTS, and free-roaming hack-n-slash). RTSs need mice to function dammit! Point and click! POINT! AND! CLICK![/nerdrage]
I only played Assassin's Creed 'cause there aren't enough games out there set in a historical, non-fantasy medieval setting... although they still felt the need to throw some magic into AC at the very end, and I hear the second (which I'm not really interested in; the story just takes itself way too seriously) is even worse. The gameplay is fun but eventually very repetitive. As for Halo Wars, they did a pretty good job getting it to function on a console, but the game is quite simplistic. Single player is fun, with varied level design and achievements (and a very by-the-numbers Halo storyline), but multiplayer gets old FAST because all you ever do is spam your unique unit and then throw rivers of them at your enemy, who is doing exactly the same thing. Then it turns into a shoving match somewhere in the middle. :rolleyes:

but multiplayer gets old FAST because all you ever do is spam your unique unit and then throw rivers of them at your enemy, who is doing exactly the same thing. Then it turns into a shoving match somewhere in the middle. :rolleyes:

GRIZZLY RUUUUUUUUUUUUSH!!!

In all seriousness, those ODST 'figs are awesome. Great job, as always, Scorp.
(As you can already tell from my picture)ODSTs are my favorite characters from all of Halo!
I'm glad you got a chance to put up the pictures!
Tricia Helfer as Nurse Chapel would be sooooo awesome. If I tell my brother about that idea, he'd probably have a nerdgasm. :P

Totally awesome figures, too. Maybe I should actually get around to playing ODST...
Quick question. Did you consider using the new Space Police helmets for your ODST? They look much more like the real thing than the standard LEGO helmet.